using cli first time need help

cnc_dave

hey all
as the title says, purchased new matek f405-ctr. according to attached basic connection diagram from matek it looks like i need to use tx2 as a soft serial.
never used cli, as far as syntax, do i just enter it exactly as its shown in the diagram and save?
any pointers on using cli welcome, this is in inav, to my understanding same as latest betaflight with reguards to using cli
my set is. xsr with the uninverted hack, irc tramp hv.

matek-f405-ctr-aio-fc-6 (1).jpg

thanks much

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Yes, enter it exactly as it says. The save command at the end will save and reboot the board and you should be good to go.

cnc_dave

hum, trying to set up the softserial 1 to tx2
command: resource softserial 1 (enter) ------ brings up list of resources
to tx2(pa2) (enter) ------ says bad command

tried different variations of last command, same result. list of resources after first command doesn't have tx2 or pa2
this is inav 1.8
not sure i really need the softserial, fc has 5 uarts. will be adding gps

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
It's probably because the diagram / documentation you're looking at is describing Betaflight (or even cleanflight) commands, and not iNav. I'm not familiar with iNav and the changes they've made. I know it's a fork of betaflight, but they could very well have changed the CLI commands dramatically. You'll have to figure out the equivalent. It would also help for you to describe what you're doing trying to connect up with softserial. The example in the diagram you posted is using softserial for telemetry. Are you trying to do the same? They did that without CLI commands... their CLI commands seem to remap a motor resource and serial_tx -- which I'm not familiar with, but I guess it's the newer VTX setup/control via the FC stuff that I don't use/have any hardware that can take advantage of that.

Last edited:

cnc_dave

yeah its the telemetry i'm doing, using open uart for now to get it going.
i'm going to post the question over on inav face book group, see what they say

thanks

cnc_dave

thought i'd post what i figured out.
apparently can't re map resources in inav 1.8, which is the current version
guess they're working on it. oh well good thing this board has 5 uarts

thanks