Versacopter. MototechRyan's mods in progress

jipp

well make sure you get a feather RX with strait pins.
mine has bent pins so trying to fit a L in side is annoying me and broke a solder joint too.. frustrating to say the least.. but in defense of the versacopter i am a noob.. only building a zmr which was much easier to build for a first time builder that is for sure.

here is my rats nest.
versacopter 1.JPG versacopter 4.JPG
chris.

Last edited:

MototechRyan

Wannabe Jedi
Looking good jipp:cool: But I need details on the boom mount side rail combo. I'm digging the color and it looks super durable too.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
jipp - if that's a lemon DSM2 featherlight (which I think it is...kind of hard to tell) you probably don't want to use it anyway since it's failsafe isn't really usable. The only failsafe it supports is dropping just the throttle channel and holding the other channels at what they were when it lost signal. Which most FC's won't recognize as triggering failsafe mode (Some can...with some work.)

I like those in my cheap foam planes...but not really in multis as I don't want to have anymore flyaways!

jipp

jipp

jipp - if that's a lemon DSM2 featherlight (which I think it is...kind of hard to tell) you probably don't want to use it anyway since it's failsafe isn't really usable. The only failsafe it supports is dropping just the throttle channel and holding the other channels at what they were when it lost signal. Which most FC's won't recognize as triggering failsafe mode (Some can...with some work.)

I like those in my cheap foam planes...but not really in multis as I don't want to have anymore flyaways!

morning jason, yeah it is. im just not sure what RX to get. im assuming i should get a frysky one to force me to start playing with the radio.

shrugs. but yeah its the 6ch feather light lemon rx. basically how i have it setup on the zmr 250 is to drop from the sky on loss signal. but i do not like the idea of a fly away. so i just need to figure out what better RX to upgrade too.

my Emax Simon/BlHeli series ESC programming card came yesterday and it appears you can turn the direction of the motors now using it.. but my luck it wont work right, and i have to cut them if i was to add some heat to the shrink tubing ( white ) but it says it can, as its the new version with 8 functions, instead of the old design with 7... which makes sense they add that feature since they really are promoting there products for multi rotors.

i probably should box this while i wait for a RX so i can start working on the zmr fpv frame.

chris

MototechRyan

Wannabe Jedi
morning, yeah they are a much better design i think anyhow.. just tell mike i sent ya, he will hook ya up :p

http://rcpartshangar.com/collections/all
http://rcpartshangar.com/products/versa-skirt-kit-for-flite-test-versacopter

the landing gear have provisions for LED too. i have just not got there yet.. as i need a RX.

chris.

Just ordered a black set for round booms. At an awesome price too. Thanks Chris, I'm pretty excited to try them with my polybooms. And the provisions for LED mounting is sweet. I have a bunch of 5mm straw hat LED's I've wanted to add to my Versacopter. But haven't imagined up a good place or way to mount them. And with primarily flying fpv I didn't feel it was very urgent to add them. But skirt set has the perfect placement for them. Rock on :cool:

jipp

cool man.. glad i could help. mike is a good guy..

well im gonna ditch the lemon 6ch RX for a frsky and force my self to start learning the taranis.. as i need strait pins..

im gonna go with the FrSky X4R-SB - 3/16 Channel Receiver with Sbus and CPPM.

so on the first ill order 2 of them one for this versacopter and the other for the zmr.

chris.