Vinh Quang DHC-2 Beaver (balsa)

basslord1124

Master member
I've had this plane a few years now doing a little work here and there to it. Decided to feature it on my youtube channel...at least in its current state. I'll be sharing some progress here too. Here's the video:

Got it at our local RC club's swap meet for about $75. Just the plane itself (never put together), no electronics.

basslord1124

Master member
Thanks @Hondo76251 ! I agree some bush wheels would be awesome. I think I've got most all of the supplies for it...motor, ESC, servo, etc. New wheels are something I will need to get.

basslord1124

Master member
Been looking at wheels for this bird...Currently it has 3" wheels. What size do you think would be a good bush wheel size or at least close? 4"? 5"? I've never really looked at bush tires for any of my planes so just not sure what would size would look best.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Bigger the better I usually think,

I think she'd look good with at least 5's just have to watch the balance... the big dubro's get a little heavy!

My modified bushwacker has 5" wheels, just for reference

basslord1124

Master member
5's sound like a good starting point and I think they'd look good too. That gives me a good reference. So I'll probably do that or a 4.5" at a minimum. Thanks @Hondo76251 !