Warbird-Racer-Thingy foam construction called "mimmi-lou"

p-air-o

now it is between about 25% and 30% behind the leading edge of the main wing, tending a bit more to 25%.

earthsciteach

Welcome back! Sorry about your injury.

The plane looked tail heavy to me. Push your cg forward to somewhere between 20-25% and give it a shot.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
..anyone an idea by looking at the mov?
I threw it with about 3/4 throttle
Plane is already fixed and witing for a now try... as soon as it stops raining.
For a start I added some more weight to the nose and build a new elevator.

A maiden is always something extra. I would never start my new plane without both hands on the radio. You dont have one sec to adjust if any trim is wrong. Next time ask someone to fly or to throw the plane for you until you get the trims set up.

If you need a lot of elevator trim then it is better to adjust the stablisor angle. The plane shall behave almost similar in speed from slow to fast.

I have seen the same as in your video with an ARF - just to much throttle and a little to much up trim on the elevator. Less than one sec to do the loop and land on your heels ;-)

I would be very surprised if the CoG should be any further than 25-30% from the leading edge.

p-air-o

thanx for your comments...
will give it another try sunday so later today, since it's past 12 here ;-)
will take your suggestions and comments to the field with me... and with a little bit of luck she hopefully will fly

p-air-o

it flew, it flew !! :D
had a hard time at first getting the trimm right and fighting the wind but then after adding even more weight to the nose it flew quite nice ... the nose was still a bit high so I guess it may need more extra weight or perhapes the angle between the main wing and the fuse was not perfect and I definitely need a bigger motor ;-)

here is a small video from the first flight today

Last edited: