• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Help! Warthog A-10

Did anyone tried EDF and/or quad motors installed inside the ducts? What should I look for if I want to use EDF? My model's dry weight is around 1300 grams, only with servos installed. So I assume it will be around 1900 grams AUW. I'm using some locally available foam, which I suppose is a little different compared to original FT foam, hence the weight difference. I would really appreciate any help, for both of the situations. Planning to run it on 3, 4 or even 6S. Thanks!

Last edited:
You will have to move the battery all the way forward to accommodate the weight of the fans, and their being mounted way further back.
EDFs suck power like going out of business, so you will need larger batteries and have less flight time.
It is 100% doable, one of the guys on the Flitetest Facebook group has been working on this very thing.

For the moment I bought two Emax 2400kv motors with 5040 propeller, 6/4 blades, according to eCalc it should fly. I hope in 2 to 3 weeks it should be ready to fly (damn shipping take 2-3 weeks from US to Romania)