Solved What airframe for my electronics?

So my electronics are

9g servos(I will need 4 because I do not have a bell crank or torque rods to make single servo ailerons)
119g 3cell 1300mah battery
52g D2830 1300kv brushless motor
A 7x5 prop
A 32g 30A ESC
A 12g 6channel receiver which is bound to a cheap hobby king controller that is only 4 channel and nothing else
3 Y connectors and 1 extension servo cord

I can't buy new electronics so what wingspan and fuselage length should my plane be to do decent with this plane? I have been thinking 30'' wingspan

Indy durtdigger

Elite member
I did a quick search on that motor and found a review on another forum where the guy put it in a FT Bushwacker. Also looking at the specs it looks close to the EMAX 2215 motors I use which is roughly a C-pack sized motor or a beefier B-pack. Basically most of the standard sized FT planes in the 1000 to 1200mm ish wing span are options for ya.

Boberticus

also since you only have four channels, you can probably get away with one aileron on only one wing.

that way you can do rudder, throttle, pitch, and roll

all you are trying to do to bank the plane is make one wing have more lift than the other, and you can achieve this with just one servo, and the weight is usually negligable to the balance of the plane, especially with lightweight servos.

this is what oldschool pilots did when servos were as expensive as an I/C engine back in the day.

Last edited:

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
There is the one servo for ailerons option that you see on all the FT combat planes or the Baby Blender.
20190908_103510.jpg 20190908_103617.jpg
You do have the three Y connectors as well, those come in handy to split the signal to two separate servos

[QUOTE="Boberticus, post: 590692, member: 43160"

all you are trying to do to bank the plane is make one wing have more lift than the other, and you can achieve this with just one servo, and the weight is usually negligable to the balance of the plane, especially with lightweight servos.
[/QUOTE]

Would this technically almost half my roll rate?

I think @Indy durtdigger just gave you a solid tip which said it’s equivalent to a c pack motor. So I suggest you look here to see what C pack motor plane can use the rest of the electronics you have.
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...he-ft-models-with-electronics-required.57862/

I think the only thing you might need to buy is a prop because as far as I recall all the c pack motor planes use a 9x4.5 or above prop.

oh ok i had to get. a 9x5 prop cause my i couldnt find any 9x4.5 props on amazon that were less than $3.50 each