What are you bringing?

qwijibo

I was thinking about what planes to bring to FliteFest this year, and wondered what other interesting planes folks will have...I'd love to see them!

My 3D printer has been running non-stop lately, here's a few printed planes I plan to bring this year. I have a couple more "in progress", but I might not be able to fit them all in my car.

2022-05-21-14.30.19.174.jpeg

2022-05-21-14.29.16.533.jpeg

2022-05-21-14.33.28.456.jpeg

2022-05-21-14.31.24.774.jpeg

2022-05-21-14.32.38.308.jpeg

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
that first one (probably with all white printing) looks like it could be are really interesting night flyer if filled up with LED strips and an interesting programming of the lights.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
The best way to explain what to bring to Flite Fest, bring planes you love to fly not planes you love.

qwijibo

Between combat, group flights, and my dumb thumbs, I tend to leave flitefest with far fewer airplanes than I arrive with. Makes packing for the return trip that much easier 😉

Tench745

Master member
My first Flite Fest I made the mistake of bringing too many planes I liked. This year I find myself falling into the same trap, so I am trying to limit myself to one nice plane for the Dawn Patrol, and then the rest will be planes I am willing to lose or rebuild. Plan right now it to bring my Tommy Scout for the Dawn Patrol, then my small Spirit of St louis, an FT Sportster, FT (mini)Scout, a couple old blu-cor planes, and a powered glider if I can get it finished in time. I was going to build another Curtiss Jenny, but don't know if I'll have the time.
I'm also debating bringing some other planes to show off, like my Cafe Racer mk3, SeaRey, and FT Sea Angel as space and time allow.

JasonK

I don't have enough plans to not bring them all.. but I also have stuff that I hit a gate at speed and it didn't even leave much of a mark. Just picked it up, checked it over and re-launched it.

RickyG

Maiden flight of the Eclipson Model V2 is in the books and it is packed and ready to go to FliteFest!

Ricky

Flite Risk

I wanna take my 45mpg TDI Jetta but between my friend, my self our clothes / build gear / cooler / camping gear there wouldnt be much room for the whole point of the trip, da planes, da planes.....

So we will be towing my kayak trailer with a roof top box / carrier on it. (mpg is much better with it in the slip stream than on top of the car)

to the question at hand...
CTH; Grim Reaper, Assassian
THE BoT
Valdimer's ELF
TabooGT
Whipit
Dancing Wings, Eagle II
VAS Gremlin 24" Bipe
Night Radian
Parkzone Radian
I'm sure I'l find something else
oh yea,
FOR SALE-Typhoon II-FOR SALE
The box is 40" x 7' x 14"

Attachments

• IMG_20220517_102328.jpg
    IMG_20220517_102328.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220517_102339.jpg
    IMG_20220517_102339.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
ill be bringing about 6 planes
simple scout cx
sopwith pup
dftb lte rambler (night flyer)
highlander
coroflute combat plane
simple stick (night flyer)
and then its camping gear and stuff of that sort

JasonK

• Definitely
    • whoop
    • 4" LR/Endurance quad
    • FT nano Flerkin
    • 5" night flyer
  • Probably (Depending on Time/parts scavenging)
    • FT Goblin
    • 75% Goblin
  • Bringing but not for me (for my son)
    • 2x Tiny Trainer fuselage
    • 1x Tiny Trainer Sport wing
    • 1x Tiny Trainer Sport wing w/ LEDs for night flying
    • 1x Tiny Trainer 3 channel wing
    • FT Beaver (if I get around to fixing it for him)
  • Not planning on bringing
    • FT A-10 (it is _big_)
  • For consideration
    • Some sort of Combat plane... just don't know what I would want to make for one yet.