What build should I do next? I am thinking about doing a spitfire out of EPP foam

Spence

Hi all, I know you guys say this is "build season" right now, but some 6mm epp foam is the exact same diameter roughly as dollar tree foam board. I was thinking about building an FT spitfire out of EPP foam. I have a nutball funflyer from hobbyking that is made of EPP so I am familiar with the great flexible almost indestructible foam(also great product!! Anyways, this is flite test, so I don't want to go onto hobbyking, but flite test links to purchase the popular HXT900 9gram servos that people love so much to hobbyking. I have over 4 just sitting around awaiting to be used lol. Anyways, EPP is more flexible than the dollar tree foam itself, like you stiffen it with carbon fibre rods. The dollar tree foam board itself if you peel the paper off and bend the foam like 5 times it just snaps.. Would it be too challenging to build an ft spitfire out of EPP? I mean I already have a turnigy d2822 1450kv 160watt(probably overrated in terms of watts)but still I put that motor on my ft flyer and a 1300 3s turnigy battery and a 7x6 prop, the thing probably went close to 40MPH wide open. Would a turnigy 3s 2200mah help with run time? I mean they are only $18 shipped off of ebay. So the planes I have and have built and flown are: A scratchbuilt nutball, ft flyer and the SBK kit delta(haven't flown this one yet). I trashed both my ft flyer and my nutball soon after I built them, so i just built each for about $1 a piece lol. But the dollar tree foam board that I use is adams brand, but it has issues with the paper coming off and it just doesn't feel as strong as the stuff flite test supplies you with in the SBK kits. Sorry to go back to the topic of waterproofing or humid proofing you planes for the summer or snow, but I have heard of camp dry(silicone in a spray can) and the packing tape method(adds way too much weight but works) the poly urethane method(destroyed my SBK nutball) cause I did one side at a time and let it dry which I think is what killed it. Still love the idea of the cheap airframes, I have had much more fun flying these cheap $1 airframes after you buy the electronics more than some seriously expensive planes. So would it be too hard for me to build an ft spit out of EPP? Or should I just stick to minwax to waterproof the dollar tree foamboard?

Thanks guys,
Spence