What Can Freerider do for you

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I have been flying Freerider since just before the second release. I recently upgraded to the latest to see what was new. The flight model is much better and not so heavy handed when you change settings as well as more stable across all of the maps.

With the change over to the Taranis and having better resolution I have been able to start flying with no Expo on the radio and more importantly none in the sim either. I have been slowly re-tuning and upping the speed these past few nights.

Here is my settings as I have seen many new pilots asking before but I do not recommend new pilots to start with out the expo set as that is a HUGE change in sensitivity and fly-ability when new. I also use low rates setting on the map itself

Freerider PIDS.jpg

and here is a short flight using these settings. I will edit some flights on the Rocks map as I have my own course I run there as well as some neat freestyle things for people to try. Sorry if its a little washed out the LCD on my camera is exploded and I cant see to change any settings to make it better.

All in all the new edition is way better with the flight model but it does have some issues that came with it. The Forrest map is extremely power hungry and almost seems to not be optimized at all compared to Rocks and Desert. You can hardly do any tree dancing as the canopy is too dense and there is a fog just above thr treeline that makes any dives near impossible.

I would like to see a less dense flatter area with sections for tree dancing with no fog... Maybe some Rotor Riot esc areas like they fly in Atlanta at the office buildings with the fountain and elevated walkways to power loop. Lastly I would like to see the occlusions for the quad itself a lot smaller. The maps seem scale but sometimes when trying tight gaps like in the rocks it seems like the quad is more like 1000 mm not 250 ish. This is really evident when flying the warehouse map.

Anyway this is well worth 14.99 to be able to fly this hard and have it "Feel" like it is reacting close to a real life quad. It WILL improve your flying skills at any level.