What Glue Should I Use?

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Hi huys. I thoght id share my experience with glue on foam over the years..

*CA+kicker are great for some small mending projects on SOME foams. No really my favourite. Sometimes causes the foam to get brittle...

*Hot glue. Great glue. Most of us probably have some experience with this....glueing with hot glue is an art! Not to hot, not to cold....a great hot glue seam can hold for a very long time.

*And my all-time favourite. Wood-glue(outdoor). Im really sorry to say, but i really dont know the chemical specs of it..(Maybe somone else knows?) In Sweden it is sold as glue for wood. Indoor is white and not so strong. Outdoor wood glue is orange/red and is extremely durable!
Apply on the foam, wait 30 minutes. PRESS as hard as you can/dare. Wait about 12 hours and youll have ha a joint that will never go up. It does expand a bit, so beware. If possible, apply force to it as long as i hardens.
Very cheap, and the strongest foam glue ive ever seen. I use it whenever i need some extra reassurance(motor mounts, vings etc.) - and got the time. This, is my favourite glue :)

Hope this helps sombody...

What you describe is called Gorilla Glue in the USA and other names as well. It is Polyurethane.

Thurmond