What happened to John Overstreet?

usaserres

For months now, we are not hearing from or about John Overstreet nor about his fantastic Master Series planes. What is happening? Has he left the Flite Test team? Are we going to see new Master Series planes? Some update would be highly appreciated!

vicentel

In case you want to follow John's builds, or ask questions, etc.:
Splinter's Builds (FTMS)
Yeah, I follow that thread and John has not posted anything since March 2023. I thought perhaps the F5 would be in production by now. I did see some video of John during the Flite Fest 2023 event doing some demo flights with the F14 and F5 (Top Gun reenacting?). So that gave me some hope that he's still around but you're right its just been crickets lately:(

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Just tickling this thread to see if anyone has any additional information. I love the Master Series planes John has designed (building them all-many multiple times) and really hope he hasn't parted ways with Flite Test. It's been too quiet lately.

usaserres

Agreed. I really don't understand the silence. I used to buy planes from Flite Test almost every month. I have not for months now because there is nothing new or nothing exciting coming up. It is sad to see all of this kind of "falling apart". I hope the company is okay. I am really not understanding the lack of communication though when we used to have so much info in the past...!

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Agreed. I really don't understand the silence. I used to buy planes from Flite Test almost every month. I have not for months now because there is nothing new or nothing exciting coming up. It is sad to see all of this kind of "falling apart". I hope the company is okay. I am really not understanding the lack of communication though when we used to have so much info in the past...!
I know, right? I love foamboard plane building and Flite Test has received lots of my $$$ over the years. I understand it's a business and there are reasons for keeping personnel decisions quiet , but I wish FT could throw us addicts a little bone and update us on what's going on. I'd hate for the Master Series line to go extinct.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
I know, right? I love foamboard plane building and Flite Test has received lots of my $$$ over the years. I understand it's a business and there are reasons for keeping personnel decisions quiet , but I wish FT could throw us addicts a little bone and update us on what's going on. I'd hate for the Master Series line to go extinct.
Why not ask on the FB group? Seems to be more FT personnel on there. (What's with that?)

Draftman1

I understand that. I left rc for a while to pursue my ppl,

I earned the ppl, ifr, com, AGI, part 107,
Got back into rc a couple of years ago, foamboard of course,
Working on my IGI then CFI, next year

AGI is advance ground instructor
AGI is instrument ground instructor

vicentel

I too share the same happy/relieved sentiment that you are well and still part of the Flitetest family! Glad to hear that Jesse is jumping into the family business. It's always a blessing being able to work with your kids!

I do hope you will release the F-5 Tigershark as a Master Series Jet. My Master Series F-14 needs a playmate and I can't think of a better one than the F-5 from Top Gun. I know I'm being selfish...sorry, not-sorry.

JonQ

Well hopefully FT can get some of your already existing designs into kit form. Like the F-15 and Stuka