What Happened to the FT Poscast?

Aaronc_89

Aaron Clements
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone knows what is happening with the FT podcasts? My drives have gone back to being quite boring on the alt weeks to FTAH,

Huge shout out to Andre and Chris for keeping up the fortnightly chats :) really appreciate the time you guys put in to stay connected with us :)

Anyhoo just a friendly Hi and Why?

crash bandicoot

I think they are trying to figure something out, the guys have gotten a bit overloaded I think. You don't happen to be the Australian Truck Driver that listens to all the Podcasts do you? I've wanted to see how that guy is doing. If you are, the After Hours group should call you and have a "where are they now" episode.

Aaronc_89

Aaron Clements
I figured they must be caught up with something big, hopefully they are back online soon,

Unfortunately no, I'm on the road with work and do about 1500 km's a week so Pod casts are so far the best way to pass the time,

Aaronc_89

Aaron Clements
I think that would work out really well, still involve someone from the FT team to keep discussions around what they are doing but have a bunch of different people joining in and chatting.

DharanFlyer

I've noticed the gap. They do have a lot going on. No knocks against the main crew, but I do like the FTAH podcasts much better.

Aaronc_89

Aaron Clements
I use Stitcher to listen to them and it works a treat,

I really enjoy both podcasts, just miss having the inside look to FT, I don't get to watch many of the videos as I only have internet access through my phone and the videos chew through the data.

Richard Haynes

Where have all the podcasts gone, long time passing.

My feeling is that it is a VERY long time since we have had an intelligent, informative podcast from the main crew. Rather there more recent offerings were either some kind of product promotion or inane gabbling idiocy. I want them to have happy lives, but a studio full of guys all talking at once and laughing at each others in-jokes is NOT, for me, entertaining.

I am REALLY worrying that FT have lost it. Very sad, because they were the best ever. I agree that the AfterHours crew are the only remaining glimmer of hope, although 'Real Quick' sometimes gets on my nerves... it's an adverb for goodness sake. On the other hand some of Chris's podcasts are among the best ever in my opinion. My favourite, the Sukhoi review.

Aaronc_89

Aaron Clements
My feeling is that it is a VERY long time since we have had an intelligent, informative podcast from the main crew. Rather there more recent offerings were either some kind of product promotion or inane gabbling idiocy. I want them to have happy lives, but a studio full of guys all talking at once and laughing at each others in-jokes is NOT, for me, entertaining.

I am REALLY worrying that FT have lost it. Very sad, because they were the best ever. I agree that the AfterHours crew are the only remaining glimmer of hope, although 'Real Quick' sometimes gets on my nerves... it's an adverb for goodness sake. On the other hand some of Chris's podcasts are among the best ever in my opinion. My favourite, the Sukhoi review.

Sorry Richard, I will have to respectfully disagree, I loved the laid back raw nature of the podcast, there are so many out there that are just uploading the same structure each week and I find it to become very boring after a few episodes. I really enjoy the feeling they give of just hanging out with the team and hearing about whats going on in the background, what there planning to do etc as you don't get to see any of it via the video content.

I am just really curious as to why it just all of a sudden stopped without any mention of why, definitely not throwing stones, perhaps they didn't realise that there is quite an audience out there that were reliant on it to stay connected.

All in all, I would much rather a raw weekly upload of them having a chat then nothing at all.

Julez

WOT and going nowhere
I think that the holdup on podcasts has a lot to do with the sheer amount of stuff going on at FT right now. They're desperately looking for a new shop as their current lease is fast expiring, for the size of their business model they are understaffed, and each of their team puts in work wayyyy beyond a normal 8 hour work day, and each has multiple jobs around the shop that they manage. I don't expect to see the normal crew in a podcast at least for another two or three months simply due to the overload of their current situation. After they're able to move into a new, hopefully bigger location things should start to even out.

walkman1269

I love and miss FT regulars. Kinda getting used to listening to other stuff though. Crash Cast, UAV Digest,etc. Love Chris and Andre and the other ones that are equally as interesting but they have too much going on to show up. Thanks to Chris and Andre for showing dedication to us. I drive for many hours a week for both work and personal and it means a lot to hear familiar voices speaking about the hobby I enjoy. I get my money's worth in the end.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I love and miss FT regulars. Kinda getting used to listening to other stuff though. Crash Cast, UAV Digest,etc. Love Chris and Andre and the other ones that are equally as interesting but they have too much going on to show up. Thanks to Chris and Andre for showing dedication to us. I drive for many hours a week for both work and personal and it means a lot to hear familiar voices speaking about the hobby I enjoy. I get my money's worth in the end.

;) Our pleasure.