Help! What if...

Eddo radush

I have a question
I thinking about building in the future planes with rear motor (pusher prop)
I understand that I’m gonna need a pusher propeller to do that BUT

What if I’ll switch the brushless motor cables so it spine to the other direction
And flip the propeller also
(So the text (size ,etc..) on the propeller will be facing the motor) ?
Could it work and be affective as well ?
I hope Somone will understand what I’m trying to figure out haha :)

Last edited:

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I have a question
I thinking about building in the future planes with rear motor (pusher prop)
I understand that I’m gonna need a pusher propeller to do that BUT

What if I’ll switch the brushless motor cables so it spine to the other direction
And flip the propeller also
(So the text (size ,etc..) on the propeller will be facing the motor) ?
Could it work and be affective as well ?
I hope Somone will understand what I’m trying to figure out haha :)
When it comes to a plane that uses a pusher prop, it rarely matters which direction the propeller rotates. I have wings that use props going "the wrong way" and they fly just fine!

Last edited:
Reactions: FDS

Eddo radush

Si
When it comes to a plane that uses a pusher prop, it rarely matters which direction the propeller rotates. I have wings that use props going "the wrong way" and they fly just fine![/QUOTE
Thanks for the replay ! :)
So just so I understand for sure.. you put the prop with the text Facing to the motor?
I mean, for example..
If I’m looking at the prop, I’ll see the text or it will be invisible because the prop is turn over?

Gazoo

Just be aware that the nut that holds the prop on could spin off unless there is a locking mechanism (Nylock) or you use blue LocTite. Usually, the direction of the motor and the direction of the threads keep the nut tight. As the motor starts, the initial torque will tighten the nut. If you reverse the motor, the torque will tend to loosen the nut.

Or you could use a pusher prop and the nut would stay tight. I usually just reverse the motor though.

If you use a prop saver, then it wouldn't matter.