Hello i saw this on an ESC description
Product Description

TowerPro 40A Brushless ESC RC Speed Controller

NO:H40A
Specification:
Amp rating: 40A
Burst Rate (15sec): 50A
BEC Current: 1.5A
Voltage: 7.4-14.8V (2-4 cell Lipo/5-10 NiMH,NiCd)
Dimensions: 70x31x11mm
Weight: 47g

Packet content:
100% Brand New
1 X TowerPro 40A Brushless ESC

And wonder what is that BEC?
Can i use that Current to power up the MicroController?

Bambua

BEC is the power that powers your receiver, it sends it through the positive and negative leads on the connector you put into the receiver. It stands for Battery Eliminator Circuitry. Back in the day you used to have to put a 4 AA battery pack on your planes (or a rechargeable) Getting that power from a speedcontrol or a dedicated BEC off the main battery is the replacement for that.

bgfireguy92

BEC is the power that powers your receiver, it sends it through the positive and negative leads on the connector you put into the receiver. It stands for Battery Eliminator Circuitry. Back in the day you used to have to put a 4 AA battery pack on your planes (or a rechargeable) Getting that power from a speedcontrol or a dedicated BEC off the main battery is the replacement for that.

All true and it also drops the voltage down so that it is no more than 5v. That way whatever youre flying you could have a 10000mah 6s battery which is 22.2 volts (6s cells X 3.7v per cell=22.2 volts) and it wont fry your receiver and everything else hooked into your power distribution system.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Switching is better, that's correct. The linked ESC doesn't list what type of BEC it has which makes me want to assume linear. Also, MOST 40a ESCs will have linear in my experience. It also only supports up to 4s, so I'm going with it's linear.

This is a great 40a ESC with switching BEC: http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/dynamdectrum40ampescw3abec-p-369.html

I pretty much only run these Dynam ESCs and have never had one fail even when pulling full rated amps for long duration. They are cheap and very well made.