What is your REAL job?

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
Is it me or is an large amount of people here in some sort of technical industry? I visited a flying field every one was in IT it was hilarious, we all found something new to talk about.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Intel? Just a guess since you're in AZ. I'm a maint. tech at an AMD fab : )

I did the Maintenance and Equipment Engineering Gig for 18 years for TI, Motorola, Signetics, National Semiconductor and Fluke. Photo-lithography was my area of specialty.

Thurmond

Sneeky7

I did the Maintenance and Equipment Engineering Gig for 18 years for TI, Motorola, Signetics, National Semiconductor and Fluke. Photo-lithography was my area of specialty.

Thurmond

I work with quite a few guys who came from TI in Texas, but we all specialize in polish and plating tools. Hardly anybody in my fab is actually from here. The only thing I know about Litho is, don't drop the photomask

Christopher14

Driftin' with the wind...
I'm currently an iOS software tester working for Lorien Creative. I specialize in video-streaming apps. For me it's a win-win because I get to actually tell someone to fix the bugs and I get paid to do it as well.

Being a perfectionist when it comes to testing apps can become rather irritating, though... especially when a bug keeps on coming back...

ridepate

Thurmond
Really?? I worked at National-Semi on Bardin Rd. in Arlington. Worked in the fab then went to Stores...Now in Maintenance and I.E. for Inovell Logistics in GA.

jpot1

Elite member
I'm a Mechanical Engineer by training but got bored with that and now manage the development team for a software company building software for the insurance industry. Still like to tinker/build which is the engineer in me at heart that got me into this hobby.

electrical wireman/technician for the distribution industry. Im also an approved electrician and training to become a commissioning engineer. every so often i do overhead line and cable route surveys, which means sitting in the office pretending to type them up while i catch up on this forum and buy stuff from hobbyking

DCAirBrush

Wow I feel out classed lol

I'm a plumber, working for a high end firm usually in multi million dollar homes, specializing in tankless water heaters, hot water recirc systems, retro fits ect, but yes still have to unclog the occasional crapper at the taco bell :cool:

heatom2

Might as well make my first post here..

I'm a production technician at an air separation facility. We make medical and industrial nitrogen, oxygen and industrial argon. We also produce steam.

Just getting into the hobby though I've had a lifelong love of aviation. Already built a baby blender and a storch.

Garret234

I am 15 and have been apprenticing as much as I can so I have a good base for any job that gets thrown my way.
As far as my mostly full time job it would be ranching.

CavRecon

Sales engineer for a large software company. Currently representing our CRM solution, but over 18 years here and have pretty much done them all. Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up...love to learn, love to teach, love technology. Thinking about going to grad school at 43 to dust off my Computer Science skillset and get back into something more technical.

b_wanous

Multi-Skill Systems Technician

Howdy,

I currently work as a Systems Control Tech. I have a degree in Fluid Power from Alexandria Tech College and a Bachelors of Manufacturing Management degree from the University of Minnesota. I'm mostly focused on the systems and controls side of maintenance but have a skill set to complete most mechanical tasks as well.

Brad

AltxF4

Was a forklift mechanic for 12 years with some electronics tech thrown in there for a few years. Now I am a full time dad, and a full time student going for my BS in Radiation Therapy. 1 year down, 2 to go!