What is your REAL job?

zev

lumpy member
freeloader on my parents (only 14…) and sort of professional photographer (I sell quite a few prints). here's my latest picture:
montages_zpsc454018c.jpg
my website is fiddleoak.com.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I'm 34, a heavy equipment mechanic.....certified mobile crane operator......oil spill responder......spill response equipment mechanic....hand model....:rolleyes:.....Alaskan that works for the pipeline, try to contain your surprise gents.:black_eyed:

Billchuck

Electrical engineer, building computer sims of the Eastern Interconnect (largest machine in the world!) so my company can plan upgrades to our transmission system to meet forecasted demand.

ecoster

Those are skills I'd love to possess, I,m still working on the inferior VB and .Net.
I know, I know, I started on the wrong end of the spectrum.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I wish one of you programming guys would rewrite the ArduPilot Mega Mission planner for the Android Platform instead of Windows only!

Thurmond

Johan

Those are skills I'd love to possess, I,m still working on the inferior VB and .Net.
I know, I know, I started on the wrong end of the spectrum.

Hey, but nice, you're programming as well! There's really no right or wrong when it comes to that.
It usually is determined by the environment you start with (peers, family, friends, colleagues).

BTW, VB and .NET are no strangers to me, I did some projects in those languages as well before starting my own business and moving more to the open source end of the scale (again determined by circumstances).

Kind regards,
Johan

Johan

I wish one of you programming guys would rewrite the ArduPilot Mega Mission planner for the Android Platform instead of Windows only!

Thurmond

Well, it is still early days (I just downloaded Ardupilot Mega Mission Planner about two hours ago to put on my laptop), but noticed I had to get the windows laptop fired up again because there's also no version for Mac (It started with 25 software updates that took me the better part of an hour to wait for ...).

Funny thing is while waiting, I installed 'mono' on my mac, which allows you to run windows apps on a Mac (including Mission Planner), but until I've got an actual APM to connect to I cannot test if everything actually works...

I know there is the alternative to Mission Planner: QgroundControl for multiple platforms.

There is also something for android, but since I don't have an android device, I don't have experience with it:
http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/droidplanner-for-android-the-best-missionplanner-alternative-1

You might check it out.

Who knows, If I've got anything flying I might get into tweaking the software, that is whats great about open source :)
But don't pin me down on it, my spare time varies a lot (usually below 0 hrs :( )

Kind regards,
Johan

Last edited:

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Well, it is still early days (I just downloaded Ardupilot Mega Mission Planner about two hours ago to put on my laptop), but noticed I had to get the windows laptop fired up again because there's also no version for Mac (It started with 25 software updates that took me the better part of an hour to wait for ...).

Funny thing is while waiting, I installed 'mono' on my mac, which allows you to run windows apps on a Mac (including Mission Planner), but until I've got an actual APM to connect to I cannot test if everything actually works...

I know there is the alternative to Mission Planner: QgroundControl for multiple platforms.

There is also something for android, but since I don't have an android device, I don't have experience with it:
http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/droidplanner-for-android-the-best-missionplanner-alternative-1

You might check it out.

Who knows, If I've got anything flying I might get into tweaking the software, that is whats great about open source :)
But don't pin me down on it, my spare time varies a lot (usually below 0 hrs :( )

Kind regards,
Johan

That app has come along since I checked last year. I have loaded it and will try it out.

Thurmond

tramsgar

Wow, I envy you guys having real jobs doing actual useful stuff. I'm wasting my career writing awesome code for a crappy product in the deep blue code mine.