what local shop do you visit in the Dallas metroplex?

VAND3R

I've been to some place in Plano called like rc zone of hobbyzone or something but was not too impressed, I found a place online called mike's hobbyshop. Has anybody been there? Please share your experience

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Even though my company has its home office in big D, I haven't been into any of their LHS's. I will let you know if I do find any good ones in the future though...

Shane

I'll be driving down to Dallas for a conference in a few weeks and I will have plenty of time off and a car. I was planning on checking out some of the hobby shops, anybody have any recommendations?

PepperM

D/FW hobby stores

Dallas / Fort Worth metro is a pretty big place, so it all depends on how far your willing to drive. I shop at Hobby Town USA which has 6 locations. 4 out of 6 are in Tarrant county (west of D/FW airport) the other 2 are in Dallas county. The closest to downtown Dallas would be off of Walnut hill. If you're North of Dallas a bit there's one in Lewisville up I-35 from Walnut Hill store. If you're adventurous you might try Roy's Toys in Euless.

Winglet

It's been a few years ago but I visited Roy's Hobby Shop on Hurst. I remember it being pretty good.

PepperM

Yep it's on Norwood in between 183/121/Airport Fwy and Bedford Euless Rd. The roads around here are called by a lot of different names.