What parts am i missing for my FT Versa wing?

hifly

So, I wanted to build my first plane this weekend! I've got some extra parts left over from my quadcopter build, so i was wondering if they would work, and what else i am going to need? Im thinking i want to do the ft versa in the pusher configuration so when i crash i dont kill the motor/prop every time. Below are the parts i have!

I think i am going to need two little 9gram ish servos? I figure i can get these at a local hobby shop! Did i miss anything? What do you think of my frame choice?

Tactical Ex

The versa is a great plane (it was my first). The electronics you have seem like a good match and YES, 9gram servos (plastic cheapos if you wish) will be needed.

hifly

The versa is a great plane (it was my first). The electronics you have seem like a good match and YES, 9gram servos (plastic cheapos if you wish) will be needed.

Is my motor going to be ok? Or is it to under powered? Also do you think since the ESC's are simonK flashed they are going to cause an issue?

Tactical Ex

I have a 2806 1650kv and it works fine as a pusher. You have a larger stator (xx22) and I'm pretty sure that motor carries a lot more torque to swing a bigger prop at a lower kv (try a 8x4 to 9x6). I am not familiar with the firmware for multi-rotors so that is the only thing I cant answer but you have electronics that are just above the recommended equ. for the versa.

hifly

I have a 2806 1650kv and it works fine as a pusher. You have a larger stator (xx22) and I'm pretty sure that motor carries a lot more torque to swing a bigger prop at a lower kv (try a 8x4 to 9x6). I am not familiar with the firmware for multi-rotors so that is the only thing I cant answer but you have electronics that are just above the recommended equ. for the versa.

Sweet, So you're saying i might want to get some smaller props? Or are mine fine? Are they even going to fit on the aircraft? Also i take it that the difference in multirotor flashed escs is that they respond faster, so their curve is different...i think or so ive heard. But i dont think it makes that big of a difference.

Just for reference, i have 8x4.5 props SF

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
They respond faster but will still work on a plane application. And what you have should be fine for motor/prop combo on the Versa.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
No, in fact, with the pusher, if you aren't putting a gopro up front, you are probably going to have to add some weight to get the CG right. I use a 3500mAh on mine all the way in the nose to balance it...

Tactical Ex

Which battery am i going to use? Is the 2200mah going to be too heavy?

Not at all, I use 2200mah 3Cell 20C batteries mostly but I will sometimes use the 1000mah 3cell 25Cs.

And in response to your previous question I think the props you have are fine but if you like you might be able to get away with a larger prop with a shallower pitch (9x6) so long as it doesn't overdraw your ESC and overheat your motor.

hifly

Awesome! Cant wait to put this thing together! I ordered some cheap hitech hs311 servos off amazon. You think they will work?

Tactical Ex

Awesome! Cant wait to put this thing together! I ordered some cheap hitech hs311 servos off amazon. You think they will work?

We'll find out! In all seriousness I highly doubt those will give you issues. I have the el-cheapo knock-off of knock-offs SG60 9g servos and I haven't had any problems.

hifly

We'll find out! In all seriousness I highly doubt those will give you issues. I have the el-cheapo knock-off of knock-offs SG60 9g servos and I haven't had any problems.

Awesome! Thank you so much for your help! Also thank you to everyone else too! You guys rock!