What should I build

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
Okay, what is easy to fly, slow, has a low parts count and can use a C pack? Doesn't have to be FT but I would like it to be foam board.

thanx

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I agree with Hai-Lee a KFM wing makes an AMAZING flyer!

Or if you're up to the challenge you could take a swing at designing you own airplane:D

Last edited:

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member

donalson

the bloody brit, baron, and wonder v3 are all very easy builds and easy to fly assuming you have some understanding of aileron control... build it as a bank n yank so no need for rudder servo on the baron or brit (wonder doesn't have rudder option)... install the rear servo on top in the rudder location... dial in dual rates and some expo and it's a very easy and smooth flier, it also handles a bit of wind and if you bump up to high rates it's got some very fast handling... I found it easier to fly than the versa and it's easier to launch than a wing to boot... the only downside I had with it vs the versa was that the motor was up front so nose in crashes killed a lot of props and motor mounts... it was very easy to repair though :)

the versa wing was also an easy build... the most difficult part was getting the CG right... it took a lot more nose weight than I expected.

JTarmstr

Elite member
Okay, what is easy to fly, slow, has a low parts count and can use a C pack? Doesn't have to be FT but I would like it to be foam board.

thanx

Have you checked out Damo RCs Ft Edge polymicrophobia edition? I think he got rid of most of the parts to make it easier. howevery it isn't powerpod compatible, it just uses same motor and ESC

kdobson83

The old fogey took me maybe two hours to scratch build, including printing the templates. Pretty easy to fly too but it doesn't like wind. Build it light and fly on calm evening/mornings. Maybe 5-6 peices.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
You could try the nutball and the like but a low parts count is going to be a little difficult for such a power pack.

As for parts count, the best low parts count plane I have built from the forum can be found here:- https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/das-little-stick-parkflyer-plans.14491/

You could also consider a scaled up KFM wing which has 6 parts, (firewall included).

Have fun!

Bless you, Hai!!! I have been looking for parkflyer plans for a while now, but couldn't find any decent plans. Had no idea there were some right here on FT forums!