what to change if im using 4S batterys whit the Knuckle H-Quad ?

FoneBone

Q: what do I need to change if I’m using 4S battery ??

I have an X252 from Hobbyking that I did purchase prebuild.
I am going to try to build my first quad but need some help whit part list to the Knuckle H-Quad
I see the list of Recommended part and I’m going to use it except the battery.
I have many 4S battery from the X252

Q: what do I need to change if I’m using 4S battery ??
Turnigy nano-tech 2650mah 4S 25~50C Lipo Pack

Recommended Parts:
:cool:
Control Board:
Hobby King KK2.1 Multi-rotor LCD Flight Control Board
Motors:
Turnigy Park300 Brushless Outrunner 1380kv
Blue Wonder (2712-12 24G) - LazerToyz.com
Speed Controllers:
Turnigy Speed Controllers (15amp)
Propellers:
8045 SF Props 2pc Standard Rotation/2 pc RH Rotation (Flouro Yellow)
8045 SF Props 2pc Standard Rotation/2 pc RH Rotation (Red)
8045 SF Props 2pc Standard Rotation/2 pc RH Rotation (Blue)
Battery:
1300 - 2200 mah 3S (are going to get change)

stay-fun

Helicopter addict
Check what David did when he went from 3s to 4s on his tricopter. Basically, make sure you get motors that are rated for 4s, you can use motors with the same kV rating but you'll have to get a smaller prop.

I'm going to make my tri work on 800 kV motors, with 9x5 props on 4s. These motors are more powerful than the ones you listed above though. You'll need different motors for sure, since the ones you listed are for 2-3s only. I'm going to run sunnysky V2216 800 kV.

bitogre

You will need to make sure your motors and ESCs are rated for 4S (or 16.8V). But looking if the search I did came up with the correct motors, the "Turnigy Park300 Brushless Outrunner 1380kv" are only rated to 3S so you will need to change them. It is harder to be sure about the ESCs as some Turnigy ESCs are rated to 4S (like the Plush) but others are only rated to 3S (like the Multistar).

In most cases, you will need to decrease prop size (ether pitch and/or diameter) but not all. It really depends on how much current you are drawing on the 3S compared to the motor and ESCs max rating and the expected current draw with the same prop on 4S. Going from 3S to 4S will cause a higher current draw for the same prop. So, you will need to figure out what size prop will not draw too much current.

FoneBone

After a lot of thinking I’m going to use 3S, it is my first build so i make it easier. :)
However, are looking for a charger to use, need to take 4 batteries or more

Last edited: