What Transmitter to pick up as my first one

MrClean

I'm a Taranis guy, mostly because I bought my new Taranis before I heard about the Radiomaster. Also because I didn't know my NEW Taranis won't talk to any of my OLD Taranis stuff. Not to worry, got a Radiomaster multimodule in the back of my NEW Taranis, I haven't used ACCST yet. Just the old protocol and the Spektrum protocols for my two Spektrum, 5 or 10 Orange and Lemon recievers. In short, why didn't I just buy the Radiomaster? Well, cuzz I hadn't heard of it. Plus, it's a different shape then my Taranis which is the same shape as my original 388, and 783 and 8103s.
Painless 360 and Open TXUniversity (http://open-txu.org/) will painlessly get you through OpenTX. I don't know if the Radiomaster has a plane setup wizard but if it does, you're practically just setting up a plane easier then my old JRs. There are options. Painless makes it less uncomfortable. (see how I didn't use Painless twice there?)
Spektrum? Futaba? Is Airtronics still in biz? Futaba makes solid stuff BUT they are an overhead crane business with a side in Model aircraft transmitters. I don't know what bizzness Spektrum is in. That doesn't make any of their equipment worse, but I think when you're selling 10's a of million dollar overhead cranes, why shouldn't a model system cost 3 or 4 grand at least, maybe 10?

dap35

Elite member
I'm a Taranis guy, mostly because I bought my new Taranis before I heard about the Radiomaster. Also because I didn't know my NEW Taranis won't talk to any of my OLD Taranis stuff. Not to worry, got a Radiomaster multimodule in the back of my NEW Taranis, I haven't used ACCST yet. Just the old protocol and the Spektrum protocols for my two Spektrum, 5 or 10 Orange and Lemon recievers. In short, why didn't I just buy the Radiomaster? Well, cuzz I hadn't heard of it. Plus, it's a different shape then my Taranis which is the same shape as my original 388, and 783 and 8103s.
Painless 360 and Open TXUniversity (http://open-txu.org/) will painlessly get you through OpenTX. I don't know if the Radiomaster has a plane setup wizard but if it does, you're practically just setting up a plane easier then my old JRs. There are options. Painless makes it less uncomfortable. (see how I didn't use Painless twice there?)
Spektrum? Futaba? Is Airtronics still in biz? Futaba makes solid stuff BUT they are an overhead crane business with a side in Model aircraft transmitters. I don't know what bizzness Spektrum is in. That doesn't make any of their equipment worse, but I think when you're selling 10's a of million dollar overhead cranes, why shouldn't a model system cost 3 or 4 grand at least, maybe 10?

You might check and see which version of OpenTX you are running and also check out the latest post from Mr. D (
) on the Archer Plus series of RX's. They can bind to both ACCST and Access transmitters seamlessly.

MrClean

2.3.15 NO, my 2019 SE Plus does not talk to my older FrSky equipment, with the module, it does. Looks like instead of producing backwards usable TXs they went with RX's. IS that cheaper, more expensive? Doesn't matter. But will probably have to worry about that in a few planes.I'll watch the video again when I'm more awake. They've always been a solid setup for me.