What type of 2.4Ghz?

Longbaorder23

Hey all,
Got a quick question here. Im using the HK T6A 2.4ghz 6 channel system with severe interference problems at 80% of my flying locations. sucks. theres dead zones in the sky in certain, stationary places. Ive got the airframe for my first FPV model, the hobbyking Skyeye model. ive got everything i need. But I dont want to use the T6A for FPV. with the possibility of dropout of control, that would be very bad. I will look into Open LRS ASAP, but im only currently looking to go 2 miles at most, thats my goal. I want to achieve that with CP antennas and 1.3ghz system. HOWEVER, back to my main question. What kind of 2.4Ghz signal is the HK T6A system using? like some are FASST or FHSS or something like that, i dont know. Does anyone know if the OrangeRx is using a DIFFERENT type of signal than the HK T6A transmitter? i figure if i atleast change my type of 2.4 signal, i will have less interference. For now, no long range. less than a mile. OR a cheap alternative radio combo? I need it asap, and cheap is key. But if needed, i can save up a bit more cash. Thanks!

RoyBro

Mentor
The T6A is a Flysky compatible transmitter. The OrangeRX is using dsm2 or dsmx like Spectrum.
I would recommend Frsky (pronounced free sky). It seems to have a pretty good reputation. And you have a few choices as to how to get started.

Longbaorder23

Thanks for the info! I went to the Frsky website, although im finding it a bit difficult to understand their products and website. I am thinking about buying the turnigy 9xR, and then buying the Frsky module, and later buying the openLRS module as well. Do you have any insight on which module and receiver to buy? would the "JR type module" fit into the T9X? what receiver would work? I need atleast 6 channels. Thanks for the fast reply!

Longbaorder23

Hey again, i looked into the FrSky stuff and found a good set. but im resistant to buy from the hobbyking china warehouse... i can buy the 9X from the USA warehouse, no problems. but the module and receiver only come from china.... i dont want to order and have the shipping take 3 months. is there anywhere else i can buy frsky stuff or another cheap alternative? Thanks!