What's on Your Mind? Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves...

earthsciteach

How old are you? Did you never receive those purple inked, mimeographed papers when you were a youngster in school? I'm pretty sure the entire faculty sat around the faculty room inhaling those fumes when I was a kid.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
How old are you? Did you never receive those purple inked, mimeographed papers when you were a youngster in school? I'm pretty sure the entire faculty sat around the faculty room inhaling those fumes when I was a kid.

I got to run those off for the teacher, so cool and sweet smelling mmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................................
Yes folks solvent abuse was common in school back then. Every kid upon receiving a test would first take a long deep sniff of the sweet solvent emanating from it. Did not seem to be a factor in test scores however and it was probably carcinogenic.

Thurmond

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
It was only abuse if you wouldn't give the test back!

. . . but until the test was over. . .

aiidanwings

Thinking about a 100 inch flying wing. I saw 40x60 inch (I think that's right..) foam board at Hobby Lobby that was very similar to Ready Board. If I can get out tomorrow..

The T-28 is finally back together. One of the retract servos is a bit twitchy and one flap servo is loose. No biggy.

Autocorrect changes biggy to something rude.

The Easy Ugly is finnaly flying again. The motor squeal was traced to a burnt bullet connector between ESC and motor.

HK has the Afro ESC back in stock, but the foam board at Hobby Lobby is calling.

The Red Eagle Model wing just will not fly. Well, it flies. But high speed is a no go. Extra spars and epoxy on the wing stopped the wing flutter but the elevons still flop around. I may strip it down and start over.

A guy I introduced to rc but his first scratch build today. It's a very nice foam fighter type wing and FAST!

Really considering upgrading the 9X with FrSky. Just hate to lose use of the 15 or so FlySky rx's.

The bride is looking at buying a new radio. She is considering the HK orange six channel.

Trying to get the float Cub in the wet.. too many boaters. Maybe early tomorrow.

Finnaly broke the 808. Hit a tree then a rock.
And a gas plane is in the works.

OutcastZeroOne

Fly, yes... Land, no
im moved to my new place. have nothing set up. no room to really unpack anything and nothing to fly or any where to fly :(

Also wondering if my articles that I've submitted on the main site will ever be aprroved. ones been waiting for aproval for a couple of weeks now. no feedback as to why its taking so long.

earthsciteach

AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Just had to get that out. Spent the weekend replacing the catalytic converter in my wife's car. While it was quite difficult to get the bolts off with the tools that I have available, it was a success. School starts in a couple of weeks and my 16 yo is dealing with some health issues - all at the same time. When it rains it... Well, you know.

I don't even have much interest in RC aircraft, lately. Must be stressed out or something...

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
If all else fails, just wad up some scrap foam and kick it around the back yard for a while. It will relieve some frustration and it's cheaper that replacing gear or therapy!

BigRed1

Is anyone else bothered by the word "drone" for some reason i have this big read button that sends me off every time i hear it. I was reddit last night and came across the video of the kid being attached for flying his quad on the beach. they have since pulled the video from youtube; however the word drone makes it sound so militant and dangerous. And that force for tone that "DR-ones" the enunciated hard front end insinuating a nuisance of a device that's causing havoc. maybe its just me but i cant stand to hear it when people say this word. Such negative connotation. is it a lack of knowledge? why is this such a buzz word?

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Drone is a buzz word because people are afraid of what they don't know or understand. Nobody knows everything and all we can do is assume that we're humans too. We can take the flaws that we see in others and try to find those in ourselves. After we find our flaws we can better ourselves. If everybody did that, the world would be a better place. All we can fix is ourselves. I feel sorry for people that can't do that because they don't understand what it means to be human.

With that being said, I fully acknowledge that I'm a hypocrite because I pretty much hate everybody. (Not really.)

Moral of the story, worry about yourself and &%^* the rest.

BigRed1

[QUOTE Moral of the story, worry about yourself and &%^* the rest.[/QUOTE]

Yes. its very easy to just say screw all of yall i know what im doing. But, when sources begin producing false/ insinuating false information do you not feel anything to stop it? There was a media broadcast in my town of an incident that recently showed "drones"! and how they can invade your privacy. turns out, it was a 15 yr old kid that didn't even have a camera on his rig. :mad: I know of less than a handful of incidents where someone with a quad actually caused a dangerous situation. Its not that they don't know, its that the media and those who gather information from those sources that do no research on their own. It seems that individuals these days take everything the media/ news says with such fact. CNN could run an ALERT update that buffaloes were never indigenous to the Americas and i would put money on it that there would be several people in my office tomorrow stating it outright as fact that buffalo aren't and never were from the Americas. It blows my mind. :confused::confused::confused:

Stradawhovious

"That guy"
[ It seems that individuals these days take everything the media/ news says with such fact. CNN could run an ALERT update that buffaloes were never indigenous to the Americas and i would put money on it that there would be several people in my office tomorrow stating it outright as fact that buffalo aren't and never were from the Americas. It blows my mind. :confused::confused::confused:

Many humans will believe most anything they hear as long as it's on the TV, Radio or Interwebz.

Unrelated... Did you hear? They just paroled Charles Manson!

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I can't tolerate watching the news anymore. I always end up yelling at the TV because I can tell the BS from the reality.

It's not just how the news treats "drones", it's how they treat everything. I have seriously thought about writing my local news with corrections to every single news broadcast... but that's too much work.

My biggest pet peeve is the news' complete disregard to the English language. They always seem to use words inappropriately. And I'm not talking about the use of the word "drone". It's their use of slang instead of wording things in the most direct way. I still remember when the Space Shuttle Columbia blew up and the news broadcast kept saying that it was "lost". Which to me says that they can't find it, not that it blew up. The news is so bad at saying what they mean.

Has anyone else noticed that "World News" doesn't exist in America? I mean, at all. American news is a complete and utter joke. I wish I knew how to fix it. I can explain why it got to this point, but I can't say how to fix it.

P.S. I hope this thread doesn't tend towards a negative nature. There is too much negativity in the world and I don't like adding to it, or even dealing with more than I have to. Peace out.

Last edited: