Where Are The FT Edge Free Plans?????

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
yes it is. Flite Test don't do the free plan conversion. Sponz does them. and you can take a wild guess where he is at right now? :unsure: FF?

it is also done as quickly as he can. i assume this one will get done quickly due to demand but it still may take awhile. i bit the bullet and just bought the kit.

patience was never my strong point. :LOL:

laters,

me :cool:

tankball

Posting Elsewhere
not really. when they released a new plane they would have the free plans up at the same time.

tankball

Posting Elsewhere
this is what the youtube video has at the bottem "Plans and How-To Article - https://www.flitetest.com/articles/ft... " so u would think the free plans r out aleady when there not. this is false advertising at its finest. something i thought FT would never do...
0713181229sdfsdf.jpg

jpot1

Elite member
Disagree - this is normal. They are always available for purchase first and then within a week or two the plans are out. Only difference this time was the build video was out early.

tankball

Posting Elsewhere
Instead of complaining that something free isn't immediately available, how about designing and releasing plans for it yourself? Be part of the solution instead of a negative voice
i take u dont remember that they use to release the plans on the day of the build video release. i've been sub to them when they had 60K subs. so i know what im talking about.

dutchmonkey

i take u dont remember that they use to release the plans on the day of the build video release. i've been sub to them when they had 60K subs. so i know what im talking about.

yes they did and they were also not as detailed as they are now be patient and wait its FREE. I was disapointed that the video showed a plans link and there was none but again its FREE be patient.

bstanley72

I remember it, but they aren't obligated to do so. Plus, that was when Flite Test was a side project/fun distraction of a few people, not the thing that puts food on the table for 20 or so families, plus helping to support the families of all of their vendors. I think if they want to drag their feet a bit on giving away their intellectual property, then we could cut them some slack!

But, I understand you're probably just really excited, it is a cool looking plane/build!

tankball

Posting Elsewhere
Really? False advertising? Better call a lawyer to put them in their place..
no im not doing that. im just a little salty that they released the build video way to early... im also still salty AF that i have yet to learn why i was blocked from the FT facebook fan group... no one seems to be able to give me a real answer on that. thats what im really pissed off at... i just wanted to test me building skills with something that so more up at my skill lvl.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I'm guessing you were blocked for being salty and not adding positively to the conversation - there have been a number of accounts booted from the FT facebook group recently in an attempt to stop some abusive behaviors and your account could have been caught up in that. I don't know for certain, but that's my guess.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
no im not doing that. im just a little salty that they released the build video way to early... im also still salty AF that i have yet to learn why i was blocked from the FT facebook fan group... no one seems to be able to give me a real answer on that. thats what im really pissed off at... i just wanted to test me building skills with something that so more up at my skill lvl.

I'd be willing to bet they released the build video early for the benefit of people buying and building the kit at Flite Fest. I have nothing to do with the FB group (or FB at all) but I remember the thread you posted awhile ago about it. If you haven't been able to get a resolution by now, maybe rethink how you're going about it.

tankball

Posting Elsewhere
I'd be willing to bet they released the build video early for the benefit of people buying and building the kit at Flite Fest. I have nothing to do with the FB group (or FB at all) but I remember the thread you posted awhile ago about it. If you haven't been able to get a resolution by now, maybe rethink how you're going about it.
like what? i've been talking to
Balu
about this but havnt heard anything from him in a month or so

Chuppster

like what? i've been talking to
Balu
about this but havnt heard anything from him in a month or so

I don't think getting angry is a good way to go about getting help/what you want. There's a reason you've been banned, and by the way you have acted in this thread you still don't understand that it's because your behavior is toxic. When people act as you are (entitled and easily angered) it brings others down and doesn't help anyone out. Please, calm down, use a bit of rationality, and try using a different tone when asking for help.

James 1:19 - My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.

tankball

Posting Elsewhere
I don't think getting angry is a good way to go about getting help/what you want. There's a reason you've been banned, and by the way you have acted in this thread you still don't understand that it's because your behavior is toxic. When people act as you are (entitled and easily angered) it brings others down and doesn't help anyone out. Please, calm down, use a bit of rationality, and try using a different tone when asking for help.

James 1:19 - My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.
Edite: last i looked wanting answer to why i was banned and blocked from the facebook group. doesnt count as being entitled... at this rate it looks like it was a false banning cuz no one can give my a straight answer as to why... i this rate they should just unblock and unbann me since no one has given me a answer

Last edited:

Tsenkbeil

Can’t remember where I read or heard it but I do remember they said they should be up shortly after flight fest.

Strix

For what it's worth, If I had known that the plans hadn't been published yet, I would have picked up a kit while I was at FF yesterday, LOL.

Oh well. I can wait. :D

I have every confidence that the plans will come out, and I don't feel that they owe us a delivery date. Let's just hope that it won't be too long.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
It's been like this since the Buschwacker came out a few years ago. SP0NZ needs some working time to get to plans done up to his standards, and it can take a bit for a plane as complex as the edge. Since the final draft of the Edge came in just a few days before flite fest, He wasn't able to deliver them on time, which, in this case, was two days earlier than normal. Also, free plans USUALLY come out with the build video, not the release video