where to learn about building UNX aircraft?

Marzipan

Ultra Nano eXtreme, not UMX. UMX is small, but not as small as those who have made tiny aircraft with a 6" or less wing span, like this:

I am simply in awe of how amazing this RC is...especially when you consider that it was built with the crude tech available 8 years ago!

how do I acquire this super power?

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
It is incredible. The UMX best way is to try and keep the scale and weight the same as other planes on the same system. It will give you the best shot as success. I have scaled. FT park fliers (20*30) to 8.1/2 x 11) size and build from foam plates with success. Keep teh materials scale in weight. The UMX system is stupid light (20g?) So try plane will be maybe 40-50g. Doable of you are careful.

Marzipan

It is incredible. The UMX best way is to try and keep the scale and weight the same as other planes on the same system. It will give you the best shot as success. I have scaled. FT park fliers (20*30) to 8.1/2 x 11) size and build from foam plates with success. Keep teh materials scale in weight. The UMX system is stupid light (20g?) So try plane will be maybe 40-50g. Doable of you are careful.

how did you scale down? any tricks to accomplish this with the larger plans that are available?

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
So I printed the full sheets to an 8.5 x11 sheet and clicked Shrink to fit... simple as that. then laid it on the flat part of the plates and started cutting. foam tack might be a better glue. I still haven't found an easy to buy source of thing sheet foam. like a paper plate.
I detail it some here: Micro p-38 no controls. Using the EZ pack before it was cool. :cool:

I hope it helps. I have a sea duck printed. with a UMX setup you can do either twin, or single motor. MinimumRC has a number of the same scale designs. they are from a 2mm depron like product.