Help! Which is the best speed to land ft spitfire?

OliverW

Legendary member
On mine as a belly lander, I would just get it in ground effect, and then just give it a touch of up elevator and let it set down. I typically caught it most times I flew it which I don't recommend

whackflyer

Master member
First off, always land into the wind. Just bring it in at a reasonable speed, cut the throttle once you're close to the ground, and let it glide and bleed off speed. Once you're low enough and your speed has decreased, flare and touch down smoothly. If the plane pops back up into the air when you try to flare, you're still too fast. It's all in knowing how to manage your speed. If you have throttle on while landing you'll break your prop. Hope this helps!

Bricks

Master member
To many variables to say X speed at landing is it built light or heavy, how windy etc. The best way to land is first practice this higher up start lowering throttle while inputting up elevator when the plane slows ( think sink rate ) to what you desire as you landing speed. You then have a good baseline where elevator and throttle is at now when it comes time to land set your elevator and control altitude with throttle, since you are belly landing right before it touches down cut throttle.