Which should i choose

rcwees

i am thinking about buying myself a read to fly plane. i was thinking between the UMX Radian from horizon hobby, or the adventure from flite test. i wanted to know whats more worth it. the radian is 100 while the adventure is 75, and Im thinking the adventure is a better deal bc its 4 channel and comes with much more stuff. i have a spectrum ar620 receiver to use on the adventure. but what are your guys thoughts on this?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I haven’t flown the adventure but I have a umx radian. The radian is an absolutely beautiful flier, and several of my friends have gotten them after flying mine. From what I’ve heard the adventure is a bit of a handful since it weighs a decent amount for a plane that size. The benefits would be that you can fly in a lot more wind than the umx radian, whereas with the radian you really need calm conditions to have fun. The batteries for the radian are cheaper and you can get over 20 minutes on a pack. The adventure will fly faster and have a much higher stall speed, whereas the radian will fly slower and glide way better. It really comes down what you want to do with them. If you want a relaxing plane go with the radian, and if you want a faster plane for flying in a little wind, the adventure will be your best bet.

Flyingshark

Master member
i am thinking about buying myself a read to fly plane. i was thinking between the UMX Radian from horizon hobby, or the adventure from flite test. i wanted to know whats more worth it. the radian is 100 while the adventure is 75, and Im thinking the adventure is a better deal bc its 4 channel and comes with much more stuff. i have a spectrum ar620 receiver to use on the adventure. but what are your guys thoughts on this?
Once you factor in that receiver, they cost about the same though…

rcwees

ok cool, i went to my local hobby shop and bought a radian a bit ago because I decided I wanted that slow flying. the only thing is when i got it its really hard to screw in the wings and they seem almost loose? i have a 150mah 25c for it.

Taildragger

Legendary member
yea i went with the radian because I want slow flying and a gliding capablility.
Good thing you did. My first flights were with a umx radian.
I have a FT Micro beaver (has almost Identical flying characteristics to the adventure) and I will say it is in no ways a beginner plane. I would say it is a good 3rd or 4th plane depending on how well you can fly.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
ok cool, i went to my local hobby shop and bought a radian a bit ago because I decided I wanted that slow flying. the only thing is when i got it its really hard to screw in the wings and they seem almost loose? i have a 150mah 25c for it.
Weird. As long as the screw is in there you should be fine, even if the wings wiggle a little bit it’ll still fly fine. You could use a tiny piece of lightweight tape to help hold them in place as well.

Taildragger

Legendary member
My friend's umx radian is missing a screw and the wing can rotate 6in each way and it still flies great :LOL: