Why does it say "DIE" on the concrete?

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
Just watched the Hawk video on Extra, why does it say "DIE" on the concrete?

I noticed that too and was curious.
image.jpg

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Perhaps Josh wanted to remind himself of not drinking so much Mountain Dew anymore, but lost energy before he could finish the word "diet"?

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Differential and Integral Equations? Maybe a hint that that's where PID tuning happens?

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Most likely some vandalism that occurred between FT HQ being a driving range and FTHQ.

Agreed. It does look like old faded spray paint. Plus there are other random identical marks near it that are partially covered by the bubble wrap or whatever that is.

RichB

Agreed. It does look like old faded spray paint. Plus there are other random identical marks near it that are partially covered by the bubble wrap or whatever that is.

Yeah and a random piece of paper. The more I look at it, the more it looks like they haphazardly covered up some offensive graffitti before making the video.

joecook0723

Maybe the Cooper's Hawk (yes, that's the species, I'm a Bird ID master even though I'm a beginner birder/birdwatcher) learned how to read/write, escaped from a falconer if it did that in captivity, or maybe it just learned it from a human in the woods (?), and wrote/spray painted DIE because he does not want humans to fly or even control a small flying electronic. Or, maybe he thought it was a home for mice and stuff. It could be more likely he thought that. Just today, a Red-Tailed Hawk tried to snatch my brand new Parkzone UMS (Ultra Micro Series) P-51D AS3X on the maiden because he thought it was a prey item. But the Nano QX FPV would've been screwed if he was still there, he'd quickly flap up, catch it, and bring it back to the nest as it's breeding season for them here in the eastern US. Once that happened to me but it was a Great Horned Owl vs the Duet I owned. 2 weeks later I found it on the ground with talon marks. But yes they were right in saying "go take the proto out, it's cheaper." Maybe you should take the Hubsan actually. Or even a Dromida Kodo or an Ominus with a keychain camera. I'm just saying, don't risk your plane against a LARGE bird of prey, not an American Kestrel (small falcon), Northern Saw-Whet Owl (small owl), and other small and cute raptors.