WHY !!!! NEED HELP PLEASE

Blackpool.drones

WHY !!!! NEED HELP WITH QUAD AND NAZE32

HI ALL.

IM AFTER SOME HELP IM GETTING NOWHERE ..

AFTER WATCHING AN EPISODE OF FLITETEST I THOUGHT THE BEST OPTION TO GET INTO DRONE RACING WAS USING A NAZE32 COUPLED WITH CLEANFLITE

IVE GOT IT SET UP IN PPM MODE USING A ORANGE RX AND A SPEKTRUM 6DXI

IM HAVING ISSUES WITH THE DRONE AND I DONT KNOW WHY.. I CAN FLY CLOSE WITH NO ISSUES WELL ITS A LITTLE SHAKEY BUT THATS DOWN TO THE PID SETTINGS IVE NOT EVEN TRIED TO TWEAK THEM YET THE ISSUS IM HAVING CURRENTLY IS AND IT HAPPENS ON MY FRIENDS QUAD ALSO IS

IF I FLY ROUGHLY 200 FEET OR 66ISH YARDS AWAY FROM ME THE QUAD JUST BECOMES UNCONTROLLABLE AND WILL END UP CRASHING ALL THE TIME DOESNT MATTER IF ITS JUST ABOVE THE GROUND AND ITS THAT DISTANCE AWAY FROM ME OR IM TRYING TO GET SOME HEIGHT THE SAME THING HAPPENS ... ALOT OF THE TIME IT WILL JUST FLIP FOR NO REASON..

TO BEGIN WITH IM FLYING IT IN ANGLE MODE UNTILL THESE ISSUES ARE RESOLVED NO POINT IN TRYING ANY OTHER MODE...IVE GOT THE LATEST NAZE FIRMWARE (STABLE) THAT I CAN GET FROM CLEAN FLIGHT INSTALLED

ITS THE NAZE BOARD WITH THE BARO AND MAG ON BOARD.. IVE READ POSTS ABOUT COVERING THE BARO WITH A BIT OF SPONGE OR FOAM .. IVE DONE THAT
IN CLEAN FLIGHT IM USING SWITCHED TO ACTIVATE THE BARO AND MAG USING AUX WHILE IN ANGLE MODE ( ALL LIGHT UP GREEN WHEN TX SWITCH IS IN POSITION

IM USING A 2200 MHA 3S LIPO

ITS ALL FPV THAT WORKS FINE NO SIGNAL LOSE AT THEM DISTANCES

WHEN I FIRST STARTED OUT IT HAD NO ISSUES WITH THIS BUT FOR SOME REASON ITS NOT HAPPY ANYMORE AND NEITHER AM I

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE OFFER ANY HELP

CHEERS FOR READING THROUGH AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK FLITE TEST

Last edited:

Crash and Burn RC

Geeterduuun
Hey man,
people at my club have had issues with the Orange RX receivers, sometimes when using ppm. I might recommend going to genuine spektrum so you know it works.
Hope this helps!
Colin

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
It depends on the ORX you're using . . . some *are* better than others . . .

It's hard to say if it is an RX failure, from the description. Typical RX failure involves the airframe plummeting from the sky (this is not a bad thing, for an airframe no longer under your command). When you get to the crash site, is the orange or red light blinking on the RX? (IIRC, red is signal loss, orange is power loss) If these lights are blinking (and wasn't blinking when you took off) the RX probably was dropping out. perhaps your airframe is blocking the signal? antennas pointed in bad directions? A picture here would be worth a thousand words in helping you sort out this problem.

If the RX is not the issue . . .

Perhaps it's not you that has changed, but the environment? If a neighbor just put in a hot WIFI router or booster, you might have some new dead-spots on your field . . . and you've got no way of knowing it except your RX can't hear the transmitter. DSM2 is particularly sensitive to this, ORX or Spektrum RX alike.