Would you be intrested?

speedfix

I have been working on my first personal coding project after doing some in school coding. I decided to make a game inspired by cookie clicker. I did an aviation themed version, Cessna Clicker. It is pretty basic since I only started coding a few months ago, but would anyone like to try it out/test it for bugs?

speedfix

Here is a brief description of the game:

Cessna Clicker is inspired by cookie clicker, but aviation themed. The goal of the game is to click as many Cessna's as possible.

If you so desire to help me test for bugs, here's what to look for:

-Music is playing in the background and stays in a loop
-You get a badge at the bottom of the page at 100 clicks, 1,000 clicks, 10,000 clicks and 100,000 clicks
-Once you hit 100 clicks, each click is worth 10 clicks
-Once you hit 1,000 clicks, each click is worth 100 clicks
-Once you hit 10,000 clicks, each click is worth 500 clicks
-The reset button works

Thanks to those who are willing to try this. If you do try this please report back with how it went and if you found any bugs.

For everyone who tries this game, feel free to show a screenshot of your high score on this thread. 😁😁😁

Here's the link to the game: https://editor.p5js.org/lukroth/full/N33z5wGAi

Inq

Elite member
I think its great you're wanting to learn to program. However, maybe I don't understand the "game" aspect.
  1. I've never played Cookie Clicker, so I don't have a point of reference to what the challenges/goals are suppose to be.
  2. Just clicking on a single stationary airplane isn't a game with anyone over an IQ of 10.
  3. No music here. I checked my settings and they say sound is Automatic
  4. Needs to store your high score in a cookie so if you come back, you're not starting over.
But keep at it.

hankflies03

works good. i noticed that when you restart from 1000 or something each click already gives you ten
and I think it would be cool if the cessna moves around and maybe you upgrade to a jet or something.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-03-09 09-27-08.png
    Screenshot from 2023-03-09 09-27-08.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 0

speedfix

works good. i noticed that when you restart from 1000 or something each click already gives you ten
and I think it would be cool if the cessna moves around and maybe you upgrade to a jet or something.
Thank for trying it out and for the feedback. I am thinking about maybe trying to make it so you can "buy" upgraded planes that give you more points per click. The restart thing is a bug that I will fix. I will work on these things and release the new version.

Also congrats on 1 mil

JetCrafts

heres an idea
you can make it such that the plane takes from a runway and the more you click on a certain area on the screen the faster/higher t flies and if u stop clicking it will descend downwards
and maybe u can add a points system and you can buy things with those points like autopilot etc

speedfix

heres an idea
you can make it such that the plane takes from a runway and the more you click on a certain area on the screen the faster/higher t flies and if u stop clicking it will descend downwards
and maybe u can add a points system and you can buy things with those points like autopilot etc
Hmm, so kinda like flappy bird? That’s an interesting idea. I might do that as my next coding project.

RyanMatthew

Your project sounds awesome – Cessna Clicker, huh? I'm totally up to give it a spin and help you spot any bugs. Love seeing fellow coders grow and create cool stuff. Where can I check it out? 🛩️