Wounded Warrior Project RC project

Wildblue2u

Wildblue2u
Greetings and Aloha from Hawaii,

I posted on the "All things Flite Test" about developing a outreach program for RC groups with the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP). WWP does excellent work with veterans and their families. Combat veterans, especially those with physical injuries and PTSD have well documented difficulties assimilating back into civilian life. The challenges they face can seem overwhelming and this stress is felt by families as well. The WWP are there with the veterans and their famailies and often encourage outreach activities that allow the veterans an opportunity to experience and over come seemingly obstacles, such as sking, skydiving and here in Hawaii surfing. What better opportunity than allowing a veteran and their famailies an opportunitiy to experience RC. I think a program such as this would be of little cost, just the time of a dedicated RC pilot to share with a deserving veteran.

Don

jocobin

awesome idea!!! I'm a vet myself and I love this idea b/c even disabled vets with physical limitations can participate.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Aloha Don! I was stationed at Barbers when it closed down and we moved the sqdns to K-Bay which I heard recently is also closing to BRAC. Bummer. We lived on KBay and enjoyed it thoroughly. I also remember often seeing some rc air action coming out the back gate heading toward Kailua. I wasn't flying back then. Bummer.

Anyway I'm retired here in Maine looking to relocate closer to Norfolk so I can be closer to family worldwide. I very much appreciate reaching out to our comrades in need. One such comrade with whom I worked, a literal war hero, USMC, took his own life responding to the horror of what he had seen and gone through. Sadly he was a family man.

The pain is deep and the need is real. May God bless you and guide you as you serve in this compassionate way and may He provide you with the support you need for those who really need. Please let us know how we can help.

—Jim