Wright Brother's Flyer

ziggy428

Hi everyone
I'm a newbe to this hobby. I like building things from scratch i have done r/C boats and planes from kits but now it's time to step it up. I would like to build the Wright Brother's Flyer does anyone have plans or no where I can find plans for it. I am looking for free plans
Thanks Leo

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
Ziggy
There is a lot of information about the wright brothers. Books and internet. If you googled the smithsonian institute and went to the flight section you can find a lot of info there. Once you have the rough demensions you can start building one and just eyeball some parts to fit the look of the photo's

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I thought about building an RC foam board version of the Wright Brother's Flyer. I was going to do something really simple and sort of resembles it. I was going to have the struts for the elevator, wings, and the rudder all cut into two identical pieces with the two wings left flat connecting the two rudder/struts pieces. Then the elevator in front, of course.

Not sure how detailed you wanted, but you could probably wing something together by looking at some 3 view pictures.

ziggy428

Yes rc you read my mind I to wish to make it from foam and hope It will be easy to fly. do you have pix? and then I will paint the details on it

Last edited:

rcspaceflight

However, I thought about throwing together a Sketchup model to see how bad it would look. But, personally, I probably wouldn't build one.

rcspaceflight

I got bored. And I think it may look horrible. Technically the rudders are too far apart, but having them as far apart as the struts makes it a much simpler build. The two strut pieces could use some reliefs cut out. At least a hole between the wings and the rudder. Then maybe bamboo skewers to help hold on the rudders? Possibly some way to mount a motor/prop between the wings and elevator?

It's just an idea I thought I would throw out there.

ScreenHunter_246 Feb. 07 01.10.jpg

ScreenHunter_247 Feb. 07 01.10.jpg

ScreenHunter_248 Feb. 07 01.10.jpg

ScreenHunter_249 Feb. 07 01.10.jpg

ScreenHunter_249 Feb. 07 01.11.jpg

Last edited:

ziggy428

That's where I am stuck I don't know where to start thought I would work off your plans lol .like I said I am a newbee maybe I should start easier but then that is not me lol