XK X500 Aircam video quadcopter

DutchRC

Howdy people :)

I've been looking / experimenting with for an affordable, but modular aerial videography platform for quite a while.. I've build one myself, but it never really satisfied my needs.
Besides that I'm quite a fan of the XK brand, soooo I though I should give there X500 quad a try :)

Here is a link to this quad: XK X500 Aircam

So.. I'll try and do several video's about this quad.. To start with a show & tell with a first test-flight:

Now.. to this I should add that my quad seems to have a major problem.. After this test-flight it didn't want to start-up anymore.. So it will kind-off allso be a test of Gearbests support....

DutchRC

for my X500 I was looking for a suitable 3D gimbal, to Really make the quad into a good video device.. In the past I've tried several Feiyu Tech gimbals. Those worked pretty o.k.-isch, but I never had that warm fuzzy 'wauw!' feeling from them..
Sooo I looked for a better gimbal, and decided on getting a Zhiyun Z1....

Link to this gimbal: Zhiyun Z1 Tiny 2

To begin with.. Here is my 'what's in the box' video + a first test-flight with it..
(no firmware update done.. no cailibration done..)

I must say that this time I AM impressed :) Higher up there was quite a bit of wind, but I can't see that in the video :)
What do You think??

DutchRC

did me another test / demonstration video with the X500 yesterday.. The X500 doesn't have a Lot of automated features.. But this is how they worked out in HIGH wind (4-5 BF)

DutchRC

Sooooo.. I've had my X500 for a while now, and for videography I really like it (especially for what it costs)..
It is allso a bit slowish though.. Not really fun to fly....

OR.... is it? :)