XT60 esc to EC3 Lipo?

Luke1229

I purchased a powerpack for my first scratch build, and the ESC that comes with it is a 35A with an XT60 connector. All of my batteries are 3s with EC3 connectors. They appear as if they would fit with the XT60s on the ESC, however with research I've gotten conflicting answers as to if I need an adapter or not. What would you recommend?

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I purchased a powerpack for my first scratch build, and the ESC that comes with it is a 35A with an XT60 connector. All of my batteries are 3s with EC3 connectors. They appear as if they would fit with the XT60s on the ESC, however with research I've gotten conflicting answers as to if I need an adapter or not. What would you recommend?

A male EC3 connector will fit in the XT60 connector. Per the Blade Conspiracy 220 manual, from Horizon Hobby:

1596243218325.png

Sorry for the larger image; my Mac decided to enlarge it. However, it makes it a lot easier to see. :)

And if you're wondering why I wanted to post this, Horizon Hobby is the one who pretty much pioneered the EC3 connector type. That's why so many of their planes use it. I personally don't like the EC3 connectors, but you can use a female XT60 and a male EC3 together. :)

Luke1229

A male EC3 connector will fit in the XT60 connector. Per the Blade Conspiracy 220 manual, from Horizon Hobby:

View attachment 176013

Sorry for the larger image; my Mac decided to enlarge it. However, it makes it a lot easier to see. :)

And if you're wondering why I wanted to post this, Horizon Hobby is the one who pretty much pioneered the EC3 connector type. That's why so many of their planes use it. I personally don't like the EC3 connectors, but you can use a female XT60 and a male EC3 together. :)
Thanks for the help!

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
No prob, that's what we're here for. :) And it's amazing how many people in my RC club didn't know about this - many "old timers" who were set on using Deans connectors, they're now seeing the benefit of going with XT60 once I pointed this out. :)