Help! Xt30 to Xt60 esc question

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary
Ok so I’m scratch building my goblin and noticed that ft used a 30amp esc because of the bullet connectors. But since I just have the urge to fly and not wanting to buy anything extra, I thought I could use my xt30 to xt60 adapter with my 20 amp ft esc. I’m using a 2.2ah 3s battery and didn’t know if the adapter could handle it. Thanks for any answers!

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Well the XT-30 should be able to handle more amps than the ESC, so that most likely won't be the first thing to fail. I would actually be a bit worried about the ESC. What motor and prop are you using with it?
Also a quick side note:
I'm pretty sure that the number that comes after the "XT" (30, 60, etc.) is actually the amp rating, so an XT-30 should be rated for 30 amps.

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary
Well the XT-30 should be able to handle more amps than the ESC, so that most likely won't be the first thing to fail. I would actually be a bit worried about the ESC. What motor and prop are you using with it?
Also a quick side note:
I'm pretty sure that the number that comes after the "XT" (30, 60, etc.) is actually the amp rating, so an XT-30 should be rated for 30 amps.
Thanks @Ketchup! I think I got it figured out. It’s a 2205 with a 6030 prop