ZMR 250 V2 Frame
Naze32 Rev6
FrSky D4R-ii
Rotorgeeks 12A ESC
Elite 2204 motors
Lumenier 600tvl camera
MinimOSD w/ KV Team mod
TS832 video transmitter

I flashed the naze with the latest version, and did the same with the minimOSD. When I built everything, (plugged naze and osd together)the osd wouldn't work and I couldn't flash them.
Also, when I plug the naze into the computer, everything gets powered (without the battery plugged in). Even the ESCs... and the naze won't connect to cleanflight.
I heard that you couldn't calibrate the ESCs because the naze had the usb and the servo outputs connected.
Now, when I try to flash the OSD, I also end up powering the whole quad. I disconnected the Rx/Tx pins between the naze and minim, which allowed me to flash the naze, but not the osd.

I don't know if that is clear enough. Please, ask if you do not have something clear.
Any ideas on what it Might be?

Ed

Tmarter

I was actually just reading about stuff like this a little bit ago. I don't have experience with the Naze, nor do I have an OSD yet...but If the Naze is even REMOTELY similar, it could explain the problem...don't quote me tho.

If MinimOSD is plugging into the 4pin port on the Naze that's used for telemetry, it may just not not be able to send and receive data from both at the same time...AFAIK, the USB is acting as it's own telemetry port to the Ground Control Station, or whatever software suite you use. That's an issue that I read for the same thing between CC3D in OpenPilot and MinimOSD. It may be the same case.

Is there a way you can do a manual firmware update on the MinimOSD without being connected to the Naze? I know It's very similar to the Arduino Pro Mini 5v, and they have the same Atmel Mega328P chips for storing data, but lack a chip that will allow anything to write to it...you may be able to use the same bootloader on the MinimOSD that you would use on the Arduino Pro Mini. Just a USB to RS232 adapter, I picked them up for a project a while ago at a local Micro Center, theyre like $3. They're extremely similar, and you may be able to get it to work this way...may be worth a shot if you're up to it.

Maybe try to get a pinout, connect the pins between the two correctly, and see if there's support for doing a manual FWupdate.

*EDIT* I feel like I may have missed the point and went off on a tangent. lol

Are you just trying to get the 2 to both connect to the computer at the same time, Or just get the Naze to talk to CleanFlight?

I would read around the support groups or whatever, and make sure it's safe to keep the battery plugged in...Maybe it's trying to power things all from the current it draws from the USB when you connect it, and there isn't enough power possibly...?

I know OpenPilot posted a warning about somthing similar to this too, saying it could potentially damage usb ports or computer components, because there's nothing regulating the max current it will try to pull while plugged into the USB, while running certain tests. Another Idea, but they are also completely different programs, maybe the have more safety features that prevent things like that...but that wouldn't be anything I could personally give a 100% answer on because I'm not very familiar with Naze in particular.

Last edited:

Edlang

Hey Tmarter, thanks for your reply.
I was trying to plug the minimOSD to the computer, with an FTDI adapter. I disconnected the Tx/Rx going from the naze to the osd, but still nothing happens. I'll try to unplug the minim from everything to see what happens.

Thanks!

jipp

i do not know the answer but im wondering if you are using rev 6? or rev 6 A? as rev 6 has had some issues with the missing diode messing with ESC etc. just wondering if this could be another bug caused by it?

rev 6 A is updated to have the diode which rev 5 had.. why time cop did not add it to rev 6 i dunno.
chris.