FF15 Question Thread

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
to fly yes. there will be temp ama registration like last year. but honestly its decent insurance, god forbid you need to use it, so why not get a full year

IFlyRCstuff

Flyer Of Many Things
So, I require an AMA membership to fly, but I can get a temporary membership there. But it would be wiser to get a full year, right?

CrashRecovery

Mentor
yea, i forgot all the perks but go to the site and look it up. is 60 bucks a year worth the extra insurance if things go really south on you.... the insurance covers property damage and if you hurt someone it has coverage for that as well

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Do international guests need to have an AMA membership to fly if they are registered at a club in their country that provides international insurance?

abieex

Mentor
Balu, if I remember correctly there was some sort of agreement. You may enquire with Flying Monkey or Crafty Dan.

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Balu, the deal is if you are part of a club in your country you are good as long as you follow the basic rules

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Balu, the deal is if you are part of a club in your country you are good as long as you follow the basic rules

Crash,

I'm not quite sure that's true.

There were reciprocity arrangements last year for some of the cross-national clubs, but I can't say that's true for all, or that the same will be true for this year.

Best to wait for the official word on this.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Best to wait for the official word on this.

The official answer from the AMA:

AMA has for some time had a reciprocal agreement with Canada where a member of MAAC can fly in the USA without belonging to AMA and AMA members can fly in Canada without joining MAAC. AMA offers a reduced membership for foreign competitors which is an Affiliate, cost $28 per year and covers you while flying in the US. The form can be found on our website but at this time you have to download, fill it out, and fax it in. Depending on the time of year is how long it would take to process and get your card back to you. If you are attending a "sanctioned" event in the USA you can also sign up for membership at the meet. The cost for membership would be the same.

PS: It's interesting because people who have an extended DMFV (German Model Pilot Association) insurance can fly everywhere in the world, even outside of club areas - unless it's an AMA event :)

Last edited:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Will Flite Test be selling FTFB and Power Packs, in addition to, the SBK's that were sold last year?

Any chance that some of the items that are currently only available through a kit or package will be sold individually? For instance, I would like to buy a couple of transmitter straps, and the screw driver set for sure.

abieex

Mentor
If I had to guess I would say that Jen will have all those items and more for sale! After all, its FF 2015!!!

AustinFurey

Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Will Flite Test be selling FTFB and Power Packs, in addition to, the SBK's that were sold last year?

Any chance that some of the items that are currently only available through a kit or package will be sold individually? For instance, I would like to buy a couple of transmitter straps, and the screw driver set for sure.

The FT Store tent will be up and running. :)
Hopefully we will have plenty of everything!

AustinFurey

Staff member
Admin
Mentor
i feel ashamed for not bringing it up earlier. Will there be an official swap meet area, or perhaps swap meet protocol? i saw one or two folks last year, that had pricwe tags on their old planes. I nearly bought one. I'd love to try to trade out some speed motors for bigger, slower ones, or just see what other people have lying around. It could REALLY boost sales for vendors, as most of us have wives and/or kids, so selling old stuff is a great way to get money for new stuff! LOL!

No official swap meet has been planned. But that's a good idea.
There will be no formal restrictions on personal planes that people want to privately buy or sell.

AustinFurey

Staff member
Admin
Mentor
On my FliteFest ticket it says:
  • Date+Time Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 10:00 AM

On the FliteTest Schedule page it says:
  • Thursday – Set Up 5:00pm
  • Friday – All Day Open Fly 8:00am – Registration Begins

It is not clear to me from these items when I am allowed to actually drive in and set up camp?

The event officially begins Thursday morning but there will be plenty of people setting up camp Wednesday night.