FliteTest in Phoenix RC (Model Index)

JohnRambozo

Posted a thousand or more times
First off... THANKS!!! I've had Phoenix for a LONG time... these models are the best thing to happen to the sim since I've bought it.

May already have been suggested, but is there any chance the Baby Blender might make the list to be added? Just wondering.

Thanks so much for the work you've already done!!!

NJ10

I'm loving this thread! Keep it coming. I wonder is there anyone that got a 360 of Flite Fest? We could use that field in the Sim.

Thank you both for the positive comments! I added the Baby Blender to the list of requests. And I would love to have some high quality panoramic images of FF 2016 for the sim if they exist.

JohnRambozo

I have ordered the Phoenix RC Sim and it should be here Friday, and thanks to the hard work on this thread, I have downloaded all the current models and the Kapper Resdence in preparation of my software. I am 61 and have at various time in the last 40+ years gotten into the hobby, built a plane once, but never took off. Now it seems I have the support and the tools to get in the air. I have started on Tiny Trainer and plan on flying soon.

Update: Received my simulator and Tx, updated files now have FT models and Kapper residence, Yes!

Awesome!!!

JohnRambozo

The Mini F-22 is now available. Download in the first post and let me know how it compares to the real thing.

FT_Mini_F-22_3DView.png

JohnRambozo

The long-awaited Super Bee is now available for pre-release flight testing. This thing is FAST. Feel free to turn do the rates or even use dual rates at high speed. Download from the first post.

FT_SuperBee1.png

carter

RC Newbie
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I've been playing the Phoenix for a few weeks using a DX6i and have been having a blast. The fact that I could download FT models and fly them pulled me into ordering my first FT speed build (A Tiny Trainer) which has just been shipped to me (across the pond so still a bit of a wait for it!).

Without the ability to fly the FT models in Phoenix I would have probably gone for a Bix3 or something ready made. I'm going to make the Tiny Trainer with my daughter and use it as a chuck glider (she's only 3) but I'm also going to install the servos and RX so I can maybe have a go at tow launching it for short glider flights.

Great work. You are an amazing asset to the community.

orange_rc_pilot

If he can, then so can I!

Second that. Thanks so much for what you're doing. We people in the UK have little access to FT stuff, and deciding to build a plane before we know exactly how it flies was a big commitment. But now that we have FT models in phoenix, all that has changed ;)

Thanks again!

Yaroslaw

John, I've tested SuperBee and it behaves really strange.
In high rates on differential turn (rudder input) when plane should probably tip stall, it goes crazy and start flying by itself like a night moth on steroids, erratically and nonstoppable. Latest Phoenix.
And on low rates no rudder/differential authority at all.

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
Second that. Thanks so much for what you're doing. We people in the UK have little access to FT stuff, and deciding to build a plane before we know exactly how it flies was a big commitment. But now that we have FT models in phoenix, all that has changed ;)

Thanks again!

That's great. Now keep in mind the Sim is not prefect but very close. There are still real world variables that the Sim will not do, on top of the quality of the build itself.

bargy73

Absolute Legend Thanks

Thanks for the greats supply of downloads, I have been trying to make the files my self with no luck. What software did you use to make the 3d models? I tried to use Blender and Phoenix Builder but when I finished the build I could not find the plane to test can anybody shed some light on this please?

JohnRambozo

Thanks for the greats supply of downloads, I have been trying to make the files my self with no luck. What software did you use to make the 3d models? I tried to use Blender and Phoenix Builder but when I finished the build I could not find the plane to test can anybody shed some light on this please?

Hey bargy73. I'm glad you're enjoying. I use Blender and Phoenix Builder, as well. What model are you trying to make?

JohnRambozo

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I've been playing the Phoenix for a few weeks using a DX6i and have been having a blast. The fact that I could download FT models and fly them pulled me into ordering my first FT speed build (A Tiny Trainer) which has just been shipped to me (across the pond so still a bit of a wait for it!).

Without the ability to fly the FT models in Phoenix I would have probably gone for a Bix3 or something ready made. I'm going to make the Tiny Trainer with my daughter and use it as a chuck glider (she's only 3) but I'm also going to install the servos and RX so I can maybe have a go at tow launching it for short glider flights.

Hey carter! I swear I replied to this weeks ago. I was so struck by your story, I showed it to Josh Bixler and he absolutely loved it. That's so awesome! I hope it has been a good experience for you and your daughter.

JohnRambozo

John, I've tested SuperBee and it behaves really strange.
In high rates on differential turn (rudder input) when plane should probably tip stall, it goes crazy and start flying by itself like a night moth on steroids, erratically and nonstoppable. Latest Phoenix.
And on low rates no rudder/differential authority at all.

Thanks for the feedback, Yaroslaw. I am aware and working to get this 'bug' out of the Bee.

JohnRambozo

Thanks again!

That's great. Now keep in mind the Sim is not prefect but very close. There are still real world variables that the Sim will not do, on top of the quality of the build itself.

That's the goal, orange_rc_pilot. While I try to get as close as I can to the actual experience, Kurt is right. There are real world variables that just don't translate. You can turn on some randomized wind to help get a little closer, but its never going to be exact.

bargy73

Hey bargy73. I'm glad you're enjoying. I use Blender and Phoenix Builder, as well. What model are you trying to make?
Hi John

Thanks for the response.

I'm Currently scratch building a 737-800 it has a wing span of about 1.6m. I found a few prebuilt models on the blender site but no luck getting them into Phoenix to test. I would like to model my spitfire to practice on as well.
My next scratch build I am starting to draw up is a c-130, I have striped down my s500 quad for parts.

Thanks again
Jack
No quite the latest photo but close.
IMG_5838.JPG

Multirotor Go

FliteTest planes are now being added to Phoenix RC Simulator. This post will be updated regularly as more planes are created.

To install:

• Click the link below for the plane you want.
  • Unzip filename.zip to C:\Users\Richard\Documents\PhoenixRC\Downloaded\Models\User-made\Airplanes folder. (Remove the space in Mo dels if you see one. Its not there in edit view)
  • In PhoenixRC click Model > Change > Airplanes > Electric
    Optionally click Model > Change, at the top left Select Sort by: Manufacturer and you will see a Flite Test category!
  • Select the plane you want and fly!

Currently Available - Painted

Name
Version
Updated
Description
Download
FT 3D2.16/5/2016Added Jaleels scheme
FT Arrow2.26/8/2016Added Rasterize Steampunk scheme
FT Bloody Wonder MkIII2.05/31/2016LEDs & Streamer
FT Bushwacker1.07/21/2016Flaps & Flatspins
FT Explorer 3ch (Trainer)1.06/12/2016Polyhedral wing & B Power Pack
FT Explorer 4ch (Sport)1.06/12/2016Sport wing & C Power Pack
FT Mini F-221.08/11/2016'Merica Edition
FT Guinea Pig1.56/24/2016FT GP Scheme / Performance tweaks
FT Mini Guinea Pig1.07/3/2016FT Mini GP Scheme - Option B setup
FT Old Fogey1.06/20/2016Classic Fogey styling
FT Sea Duck1.06/1/2016Differential Thrust and Tailspin scheme
FT Sea Otter2.25/31/2016Increased Rudder & Elevator authority at low speed (Thanks LocalFiend)
FT Sparrow2.06/16/2016Added Green Swoop Design. Toned down speed & deflection
FT Sportster2.66/5/2016Scheme export cleaned up. Slight performance tweak.
FT Sportster Mini2.66/5/2016Unzip Variant files to: Documents\PhoenixRC\Variants\Airplanes
FT Storch2.06/19/2016Luftwaffle Breakfast Bomber scheme and performance tweaks
FT Super Bee1.18/27/2016Updated with increased rates and fpv view in 3D flying sites
FT Tiny Trainer 3ch1.06/7/2016Simplified scheme - updating soon
FT Tiny Trainer 4ch1.06/7/2016Simplified scheme - updating soon
FT Vector2.56/6/2016Added Swedish National Day scheme
Flite Test Community Designs​
Bloody Baron1.07/11/2016Added Baron Scheme
Baby Baron1.55/23/2016Added Rasterize Green Mint scheme
Baby Brit1.55/20/2016Added 2 Rasterize schemes

[/tr]

The models above can be "repainted" by creating a Scheme. Click here for step by step instructions.

Currently Available - Unpainted

1. nnMig 3 v1.0 Updated 5/25/2016 - Speedwing and 10x10 prop = crazy top speed

Coming Soon

1. FT Spear
  2. FT Kraken
  3. FT Duster (Dusty!)
  4. FT Bronco
  5. FT Punjet
  6. FT Mighty Mini Corsair
  7. FT Spitfire
  8. FT Viggen (2 motor options)
  9. FT VersaWing (Push and Pull config)
  10. FT Flyer
  11. FT Nutball
  12. FT Delta
  13. FT Baby Blender

Flying Sites

To install a flying site:
  • Download from the link below
  • Unzip to "Documents\PhoenixRC\Downloaded\Sites\User-made"
  • Run Phoenix RC and Select Flying Site

1. Kapper Residence v0.1 (Has collisions with Chad's house and playground set)

Images

FT 3D

FT Mini Arrow

Bloody Baron

Baby Baron - Mint

Baby Brit - Sopwith

FT Bloody Wonder MkIII

FT Bushwacker

FT Explorer Trainer - 3ch

FT Explorer Sport - 4ch aka BOX^3

FT Mini F-22

FT Guinea Pig

FT Mini Guinea Pig

FT Old Fogey

FT Sea Duck

FT Sea Otter

FT Mini Sparrow

FT Sportster

FT Storch

FT Super Bee

FT Tiny Trainer 3ch

FT Tiny Trainer 4ch

FT Mini Vector

nnMig 3

Thank you so much for your awesome work. I have been enjoying this models for some month now but I miss the CRUISER and don't even see it on the queue :(