OMPHobby M2 Direct Drive 3D Heli (Product Post)

TJ_Williams

Hey all - I'm going to use this post for continuous discussion on the OMPHobby M2 line of heli's.

OMPHobby M2 Explore - https://omp.sale/m2Explore
OMPHobby M2 V2 - https://omp.sale/m2v2

The Explore has arrived with the V2 coming in the next few weeks. Feature spam for the explore is at the bottom. The V2 I'll put below this one. Point is, these little heli's are amazing. Since the original released late 2019 they have getting more and more popular. I'm not a heli pilot so I can only speak from what friends and customers have told me as my piddly little scale flying can't get these things anywhere close to what they can do. Look and feel the quality is exquisite. One thing I love is the fact that customer input is listened to and implemented. The changes from the original to the new versions are a reflection of that.
Check out my video that goes over the changes between the original, explore and v2.

(The flying done in this video is all done with the M2 Explore)

Feature:

Original M2 Power
Adjustable Flight Control Parameters
High Performance

Six Core Advantages
Adjustable Flight Controller Parameters
Dual Brushless Direct Drive
High-performance 3d Flight
High precision
low Noise
Easily Maintained

High Performance
Excellent Experience
M2 Explore inherits the high performance of the original
M2 version. Sunnysky and OMPHOBBY have always
used the highest quality materials, with dedicated
workmanship the M2 Explore is no different. The R&D
team aims at reducing the purchase cost for enthusiasts
without losing performance - This is the M2 Explore.

All new R& D design
M2 Explore is a high-quality product created by the OMPHOBBY R&D team for helicopter enthusiasts.Its compact size is suitable for indoor flexible flight and outdoor violent flight.9 Mins Flight Time|4 Mins 3D Flight Time

Integrated,Dual Brushless ESC,Flight Controller And Receiver
The dual ESC's are improved using high-quality MOSFET's with lower internal resistance,enhancing the flight characteristics even further.The built-in official receiver supports s-bus and DSM/X satellites.The flight controller has three built-in flight modes:stabilizing attitude, soft 3D and violet 3D.While in 3D mode you can quickly switch to attitude mode.The flight controller also has fully adjustable parameters including gyro sensitivity,rates,gain and servo mid-point position / collective.

Specification:

Product Parameters
Main Motor:SunnySky V4
Main Rotor Diameter:400 mm
Tail Motor:SunnySky RI
Tail Rotor Diameter:71 mm
Flying weight:Approx.306g
Dimensions:408mm*72mm*133mm
Battery: 11.1V 650 mAh 45C(Installed in Helicopter)
Flight Time:Maximum flight time 9 mins
4 mins for extreme 3D maneuvers
Servo: 10g 5V 0.08sec/60-1.65kg.cm
Polycarbonate cased,all metal gear,high-performance servos
Flight Controller: Receiver ports for s.Bus DSM DSMX

BNF Package Includes:
Helicopter x1
EPP Box x1
Battery x1(Installed in helicopter)
Servo Hornsx3
Several Spare Screws
Main Shaft x1
Cross Shaft x1

View attachment m2Explore-1-2.jpg

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Been watching these on BuddyRC, and seems like they always sell out quick. Any ETA when they will be back in?

Cheers!
LitterBug

TJ_Williams

Been watching these on BuddyRC, and seems like they always sell out quick. Any ETA when they will be back in?

Cheers!
LitterBug

The stores aren't combined YET. Ohiomodelplanes.com for the m2. The explores are in stock currently. The V2's are in the mail and I expect to have them early next week.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Ohhhh now I gotta ask since I like all things purple...

The flight controller has three built-in flight modes:stabilizing attitude, soft 3D and violet 3D.

Explain Violet 3d to us :devilish: Is that anything like ludicrous speed or better yet going plaid?

TJ_Williams

Lol funny story. That was a typo that I overlooked during the first translation. And still isn't fixed 🤦‍♂️😂

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
How bout you have them send me one to toss around and review ;) hehe. I have upped my pilot skills a bit since you was last here and I think I could have a go at 3d heli again. Heres a half hearted resume on my latest job building and tuning and flying.

TJ_Williams

We answer the question HOW DO I CHANGE THE SETTINGS ON THE FLIGHT CONTROLLER!? It really is simple once you see it for the first time. This flight controller is only in the OMPHobby M2 Explore and V2 models. The original M2 has the old model that can not be adjusted.

TJ_Williams

How to setup the OMPHobby M2 Explore, V2 and Original version with OpenTX on the Radiomaster TX16s ! This video goes from start to finish and you'll be able to go from beginner to pro with this setup!

TJ_Williams

For those that are interested in the Radiomaster TX16s working directly with the M2. Just uploaded a video ;)
Thank you to everyone involved in this process! I literally couldn't have done it without you. As well as the massive amounts of questions the factory answered in the middle of the night (for them) while I was trying to figure out the curves situation hah.