What Did You Fly Today

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well both SAB KR84's got their maiden flight in and both came home in one piece. 4S version (black) did really good but I was heating up the motor pretty good towards the end, it actually started to fluctuate in rpm. Going to prop it down slightly and maybe redo the cowl and see if I can get a little more air to it . The 6S version (orange) got some issues going on with the big cheap Red Brick 200A esc, at half throttle you could hear it stutter, at full it would go away but really only once did it hit a decent rpm so we will disect out that esc and I think I will prop it down a bit also. Launches on both went super cool .

The launch for the 3D printed Spitfire didn't go so good, a good gust came along and rolled me and I couldn't quite gather it up in time. I do have another wing just need to print off another fuse.

I am really starting to like my Extreme, slowly playing with the throws and expos

speedbirdted

Legendary member
Through a series of fortunate events I got to fly a $10k drone with an equally expensive camera on it today:

P_20200802_182336 (1).jpg

I would be lying if I didn't say it's literally the easiest thing I've ever flown. No acro mode (ofc) and the gyros are SO smooth. It just goes exactly where you tell it to. Then again, the guy built it specifically for filmmaking, so it has to be. Landing and taking off is all automated and it even has GPS and Ardupilot so you don't even have to fly it at all if you don't care to. It requires three people to run it, one to fly the drone, one to control the camera gimbal and one to control the manual focusing. I did all three tasks today and honestly flying it I liked the most.

The thing is BIG too. This picture does it more justice. It runs off of 12 batteries, each one of them being a 3300 6s. You get about 2 minutes of flight time but then again with the camera it weighs 54 pounds.

IMG_20200802_221225_225.jpg

At least it does its job pretty well. Today all we did was take some test shots of the fence to get the focusing right and the gimbal PIDs tuned and stuff. Last year though it was used to make this video, and it's gotten a better camera since then too.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Through a series of fortunate events I got to fly a $10k drone with an equally expensive camera on it today:

View attachment 176261

I would be lying if I didn't say it's literally the easiest thing I've ever flown. No acro mode (ofc) and the gyros are SO smooth. It just goes exactly where you tell it to. Then again, the guy built it specifically for filmmaking, so it has to be. Landing and taking off is all automated and it even has GPS and Ardupilot so you don't even have to fly it at all if you don't care to. It requires three people to run it, one to fly the drone, one to control the camera gimbal and one to control the manual focusing. I did all three tasks today and honestly flying it I liked the most.

The thing is BIG too. This picture does it more justice. It runs off of 12 batteries, each one of them being a 3300 6s. You get about 2 minutes of flight time but then again with the camera it weighs 54 pounds.

View attachment 176262

At least it does its job pretty well. Today all we did was take some test shots of the fence to get the focusing right and the gimbal PIDs tuned and stuff. Last year though it was used to make this video, and it's gotten a better camera since then too.

I can't imagine what it must've sounded like!

sundown57

Legendary member
No flying for me today. Tornado warnings all day! And Unfortunately flap upgrades to the Otter have to postponed till tommorow too due to my mom getting tired of the mess. Spent all day cleaning.....eh, I guess it was getting pretty messy. :p
Tell mom, if it's not messy you're not doing it right. tried that on my wife, Didn't work, but maybe mom will buy it?