• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
F7F Tigercat

Plane F7F Tigercat V1.0

Please log in to download
Type
Build Plan (PDF, AI, etc.)
I started the Tigercat as a project for the design engagement challenge where the goal was to create a simple boxy plane similar to how FT planes were made previously to the MS planes. I took inspiration from David Windestal's fantastic Spitifre. Sure, it wasn't the most scale plane out there, but boy, does it ever fly amazing! I still have mine that I made in May 2019 and it still flies fantastic and is one of my favorites! The goal with the F7F was to make a simple boxy plane that flew fantastic, even if it's not perfectly scale. I must say that from the first launch on the maiden, I've been blown away by the flight characteristic of the F7F. I've been flying mine off a B twin pack, and while it's not particularly fast on that setup it's still a ton of fun. When you back off the throttle, it slows to a crawl while still being very controllable. I even let a beginner with only one previous flight take full control, and he flew it without any issues and even landed it after several minutes! The Tigercat makes a fantastic plane for both beginner and expert pilots alike, and anyone can have a blast flying it around!

Tigercat pic.JPG

(photo credit: @FoamyDM )

Parts:
Twin B or C pack
9x6 - 10x5 props
2200 - 5000 mah 3s
3 - 4 9g servos
4-6 ch transmitter and reciever
5 sheets of foamboard
Author
The Hangar
Downloads