108 David, Adam, & B-17s

wittpilot

Just Plane Crazy
I had a request to post a few photos of the 1/4 scale Curtiss Falcon.

Let me know if anyone has any other photo requests of something discussed in the podcast...
3 year old son used for reference!!

20151010_170040.jpg

20151010_173040.jpg

wittpilot

Just Plane Crazy
Could always bring the Curtiss to the Rhinebeck jamboree, we have 2200ft of grass to fly from... http://www.mhrcs.com/pages/Jamboree.htm

Also, the Belle landed a little more than an hour away from my apartment. I'll have to go visit. I'm curious if they pulled the top turret to ferry the airplane, since it wasn't mounted.

When we first began flying the aircraft we removed the turret and placed a 'dummy' shell so it allowed for more room there in the cockpit for passengers. When we returned the cockpit, we merely removed our shell we put on so they may replace the turret the aircraft had before we started flying her.

AerodromeChris

Ah, makes sense. Glad you guys have a line on another airplane, always sad to see one go. Hopefully the Belle will still tour to some extent. I do know she's in good company over at Geneseo. Her hangar mate is a C-47 that flew over Normandy on D-day and went back for the anniversary last year...

DidierNeefe97

Digital Wolf
I had a request to post a few photos of the 1/4 scale Curtiss Falcon.

Let me know if anyone has any other photo requests of something discussed in the podcast...
3 year old son used for reference!!

View attachment 64682

View attachment 64683
My dad and me saw thisone in the National Militairy Museum here in the Netherlands and we said to eachother, we need to build this thing, but we couldnt find any plans of it! Did the makers make some build plans for it too? I wantto fly it for you when i come over to America some day ��

Btw i requested you to post some photos.

wittpilot

Just Plane Crazy
My dad and me saw thisone in the National Militairy Museum here in the Netherlands and we said to eachother, we need to build this thing, but we couldnt find any plans of it! Did the makers make some build plans for it too? I wantto fly it for you when i come over to America some day 😄

Btw i requested you to post some photos.

Ask, and you shall receive!!

Yes, he had plans. I have them in rolls downstairs in the basement!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Giant-1-4-S...hash=item542b1cf964:m:mPzA1u-DX9EKLRceGNCpwbw