• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

10foot weed wacker giant

I'm currently in progress on a giant simple design 25cc weed wacker giant with a 10 foot span but I'm having some difficulties. For one is a supply issue that can be easily solved with patience with the hobby shops having the material in stock. The big one is spars. I want to construct the wing with pink panther foam ribs on a single spar, and monokoted, but sourcing the material is proving difficult. I need it to be as strong as possible, light as possible, and most importantly cheap as possible. What would be my best bet for that?

FDS

All the similar builds I have seen have used Aluminium spars, Lowes sell one that FT and Peter Sripol have used to great effect on their big wings.

Arcfyre

Your best bet would probably be to get two 5 foot pieces of aluminum bar stock and use them for a spar. Using a spar for each wing would give you the option of making them removeable for transportation. Alternatively you could use a doubler plate and rivet them together to get a ten foot spar.