10ft blunt nosed Kraken

Pie

I wanted to share my latest build, a 10ft Kraken. This is the third Kraken I've put together. The first was the typical build, the second was 100 inches, this is the third.

Spec's

122 inch wing span.
Weight - ?
Motors eflite BL-10's with 12x6. (equivalent to 10 glow).
45 amp ESC's.
5000mah 3s battery. - about 10 minutes of flight time.
8 channel receiver with telemetry, altitude, and gps. (the voltage sensor isn't working yet).
4 9-gram servos, metal gear.
about 13 sheets of DTFB.
LED's the entire wing length. - Ran off a separate battery 800mah, 3s.
a couple paint stirrers and bbq sticks.

Build notes - extended the box spare the entire length of the wing, extended the Kraken wing to a full sheet on each tip. Blunt nose section is one sheet wide. Motors located at the seams to reinforce them. I taped the motors on so they can not be removed for strength (you can slice the tape to open them).

I've never posted a build before so hopefully you have the essence of the build and the pics work.

20150426_000034588_iOS.jpg 20150425_224233877_iOS.jpg IMG_4115.JPG IMG_4292.JPG IMG_4289.JPG IMG_4094.JPG IMG_4127.JPG

WOW, very cool, nice work.

any shots of whats under the hood?

any plans for FPV on this? i imagine with that much of a wing it's nice and stable... does it glide well?

Pie

I don't have many build pics. This is what I have.

It flies really well and its really stable. I was concerned it wouldn't have enough power, but it leaps in the air and flies well at half throttle. I have an FPV system on order. I"ll keep you posted.

I also put a couple extra 12volt JST plugs in it for other add-ons. I was considering putting a controlled switch 100 watt LED on it for fun at night (10-10Watt LED chips.). I figured it would be like a flying spot light.

IMG_4040.JPG IMG_4383.JPG IMG_4041.JPG