One Sheet Twin Boom Pusher

HillBilly30

I was scrolling throught the articles here on FT and found dharkless's one sheet no waste twin boom pusher. I had a extra 1400kv motor laying around so I figured why not give it a try. I'd like to thank dharkless for posting his article. This is a amazing flying plane! I changed it a little from the original design. I used CF booms and moved the battery on top of the wing so I could change them without messing with a hatch. Once trimmed it handles like its on rails and its rock stable. It does the best axial rolls and any other aerobatic manuver you could want. I was very suprised how fast it flies and can still slow down reasonably if you need too. I'm having a ton of fun with this plane!

The run down for this build:

Motor: Turnigy D2826 1400kv
Prop: 8x4 GWS turned backward
ESC: Super Simple 40 AMP
Battery: 1300mah 3cell
Receiver: Tactic: TR 624
Servos: 4xTower Pro SG90

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

HillBilly30

Update

I have been flying the pusher for a few weeks now (every chance I get!) and have quite a few batteries through it. It has proved to be a great little pusher. It lives in the back seat of my truck always ready to fly. Justwingit and I made another video of it flying closer in to try to show how stable it flies, its ability to slow down, and some aerobatics. It is more than capable of vertical climbs doing axial rolls and will slow down almost to a stop when you cut the throttle while holding some up elevator. I'd say it would be a good intermediate trainer with potential to be more advanced. The way it is set up now I'm using 65% expos on the ailerons and 50% on the elevator the platform is very stable and responsive, it may vary by user though.

Make sure you watch the video the whole way thru:D

This video was filmed in 720p so to see it in best quality go to the gear symbol in the lower right hand side of the YoutTube screen and select 720p from the drop down.

P1150493-1[1].jpg P1150494-1[1].jpg P1150495[1].JPG P1150496[1].JPG P1150497-1[1].jpg

Last edited:

ghost civic

is the motor at a 90 degree angle to the fuse...or did you put a slight angle on it?
one thing that has stopped me from trying a pusher is I worry that it would need thrust angle and I have no idea how to figure out what would be best.

HillBilly30

The motor has 4 1/2 degrees down thrust, so it's pushing down on the back of the wing. I hot glued a popsicle stick turned sidways on to my motor mount so the thickness of the stick was the shim. I placed it under the bottom motor mounts. If you look in the close up pics of the top of the plane you will see it on the motor mount. Be sure to pre drill your screw holes in the popsicle stick or it will split.

Last edited:

ghost civic

thanx, didn't notice the stick before. If that's all it takes to create the needed angle then its easier than I thought.

so, if you didn't have that stick...then the motor would push the nose of the plane down...because it is higher up than the nose?