2.5m diy foamy

speedfix

Sup fellas,

I wanted to share with y’all my latest project. It’s a 2.5m foamy. It is inspired by the Pink Panther from Tail Heavy Productions (my friend and I are big fans). The goal here is CHEAP and BIG. This is my first venture into large planes, I currently have a Eflite T28 1.1 and a V900 which I am getting for cristmas. I will post photos of it soon. In the meantime I’ve got 2 questions:

1: Does anyone have some ideas for what I should name it?
2: Where can I get a CHEAP large motor to fly this thing?

I will keep this thread updated hopefully daily.

speedfix

Ok here’s the promised update:

I finished the fuselage but there were a few bad glue joints that I will have to redo tomorrow. The photo is attached below. I still need to add the motor mount in the front, but that will be wood so hopefully I’ll be able to go to the hardware store this week to pick that up. I will keep updating the thread and hope to make some more progress tomorrow.

Attachments

• 4F2ED9D1-0266-47C1-8C50-0F8281ED3C3F.jpeg
    4F2ED9D1-0266-47C1-8C50-0F8281ED3C3F.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

speedfix

quick update:

I went to the hardware store and got some dowels as well as some wood sheets for a motor mount. I will add some more photos of tonight’s progress.

MaxTheFliteFreak

Sup fellas,

I wanted to share with y’all my latest project. It’s a 2.5m foamy. It is inspired by the Pink Panther from Tail Heavy Productions (my friend and I are big fans). The goal here is CHEAP and BIG. This is my first venture into large planes, I currently have a Eflite T28 1.1 and a V900 which I am getting for cristmas. I will post photos of it soon. In the meantime I’ve got 2 questions:

1: Does anyone have some ideas for what I should name it?
2: Where can I get a CHEAP large motor to fly this thing?

I will keep this thread updated hopefully daily.
You can call it the "Pinc Pantha".
(Also a big fan of THP, keep up the good work, Zach)

speedfix

I completely forgot about this thread. Unfortunately this build came to an end pretty soon after the fuse was built when my mom kicked it out of the garage. 😭😭😭