200% White Diamond

L Edge

Master member
Just to be clear on the scale of this, what are the dimensions?

You mentioned that you like different planes. You should scale this one up and use a prop(add the udder rudder-in orange) and it is a super plane in windy and gusty weather. Having 10 degree di on it, it tends to right itself no matter. It is my "go to" airplane when I want to fly and come home with no accidents. The EDF 64 acts the same way with rudder control.

The rudder is placed directly behind the prop blades that is controlled by a servo that has a long servo arm glued to it. I have a thread on both.

diamond done.JPG

jfaleo1

Ok soldering is done and some installation is complete. I’ll post more pictures tonight. The only fear I have now is main gear location. They may be a bit far back, but I think I can keep a slightly positive angle of attack which should be good enough to get airborne. Power is not going to be an issue if the run up test today is any indication.

jfaleo1

Well folks here it is almost ready to maiden when I get a chance. All I need to do is tape down the elevon wires. Only issue is, SURPRISE, she is tail heavy. About 6 oz. of weight on the nose with a 3300 ma 4s battery. Not that I think it will matter much. If the maiden goes well I will conceal the servos and the weights but for now it will have to do.

834BC222-8C5C-4615-971E-81ED3820AB64.jpeg CEAD3A7E-DEFF-4B11-874B-1F880A0F37AD.jpeg DAC0541D-D94C-4E79-854F-8CD59F0119C2.jpeg

L Edge

Master member

jfaleo1

We'll you're certainly keeping us in suspense! Can't wait to see the maiden.

Well we will see if any of the video comes out but it flew. Maiden was near disaster. It lifted but I quickly realized I was going to have to hold about 90% up elevator to keep the nose up. Once on the ground I added trim and removed an ounce or weight. Second flight I was able to keep full control, retracted gear and it felt a little underpowered but otherwise flew like its little brother. Nose gear got stuck up so landing was a little rough. Fixed the nose gear and flew a third time with gear down. Definitely not quick with gear down but a little refining and it will fly great.
Looked mean in the air.
If I do another I will use 2 x 64mm fans a and refine the fuselage to minimize drag and improve weight and balance issues.

@JGplanes if scales up and looks like a stealth fighter from space😀👍🏻

jfaleo1

Here is what video I have of the 3rd flight. Sorry just screwed this one up...:rolleyes: Sorry not the best quality but shows a little flight time, a TERRIBLE roll (low rates) and the landing.