FT Versacopter for AP or Blade Chroma BNF

jfly77

Looking for advice, should I build AP Versacopter or chroma BNF? not looking to spend thousands just want a good platform for filming up at the cabin. Tried using my 200 qx and way to much jello effect. Thanks, hope everyone had a good xmas

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I have a Chroma with 1020P Camera sitting here right now. It is a nice tool and works well but I would NEVER pay the retail price for one. Repaired it for a kid I know. I just do not like flimsy plastic and the entire machine is made of it. The landing gear are insufficient for my taste as well. IF I were to buy a Yuneec (Chroma's manufacturer) then I would get a new one that has been improved over the "Chroma" offering.

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Yune...8&cadevice=c&gclid=COe69OqnhcoCFYcBaQodm2IELw

I even saw one of the above listed Q500 Yuneec for $750 before Christmas.

Note: The kid I fixed the Chroma for wants to sell it for $600. If I can trade him out of it I will keep it otherwise it will be available for purchase.

Thurmond

Last edited:

jfly77

Thanks for your input, I was looking at the BNF for 499. Not really wanting to spend more than this, thought about the versacopter but wasn't sure how well it would work

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Yes his Chroma is the Full RTF Kit with touchscreen FPV monitor on the RC Transmitter. They sell for retail of over 1K $

Thurmond

I'd recommend the Phantom 3 over the Chroma if you already have a smartphone. I'm not sure when the VersaCopter AP will be out, so if you decide on going that route, you might have to wait a while. Personally, I'd recommend the ImmersionRC XuGong v2 Pro, as it combines a DIY experience with a professional-looking platform.

If you're set on deciding between the Chroma and the AP Versa, I'd go with the Chroma.

Happy new year!