250 Build Advice

Ocean

Alright, definite build log incoming..

My components have been bought ( I think I have everything ).. They are as follows:

HMB-235
Naze Acro
Volo Mini Power Distribution Board
1400 60C ~80C 3S
1400 4S still to buy

OK, now I'm just teasing you guys...
BLHeli 30A ESC
Cobra CM2206 2100kV motors! :D

And a few other small things, LED's, Cables, Shrink Wrap etc.

:black_eyed:

Looks like a great build.

BTW if you havn't already seen Electric Wingman are selling cobra 2206s for £21 and last time I checked they are in stock!

HawK86uk

Professional Amateur
Looks like a great build.

BTW if you havn't already seen Electric Wingman are selling cobra 2206s for £21 and last time I checked they are in stock!

Friday was a good day.. A very good day..

A mysterious brown box arrived.
1 - box.jpg

Goodies! :D
2 - contents.jpg

Ocean, I know they're in stock... No thanks to me!
3 motor.jpg

God these are clean motors, I like them, a lot.
4 motor.jpg

All four of them in perfect harmony, that won't last.
5 motors.jpg

Naze Acro - first time on the naze, all the learning is making my brain ache a little.
6 naze acro.jpg

Opto's - Here's a question, why do they have a ground wire when all I would need is a signal, no? Can't I just strip all the ground wires out? I'll be placing a voltage switcher on one of the additional inputs on the naze.
7 bheli opto.jpg

I really like these VOLO LED's, they look really clean and weigh practically nothing.
8 LED.jpg

And the VOLO PDB, again, I'm very impressed by the craftsmanship.
9 naze and pdb.jpg

The very hard part is waiting for the other components, my frame has been shipped, lets see if USPS is as bad as Americans make them out to be.. Still due my voltage regulator, a few other bits, 1300 mah 3S's.. I really hate waiting.. :mad:

Last edited:

jipp

hmm i think you mean UPS? USPS is great ( USPS is our postal service.. ups is the brown truck ). i trust them over the brown truck any damn day.

congrats on your box.. i have a box of parts waiting for me to try and build another quad.. but i do not want attempt to start till i get my 4mm arms, and new esc.. all i have are emax 12a here.. ill be using emax 2204 motors, and want to use the ESC you used..

chris.

jipp

ok, you made me go ahead and order the dys blheli n20 esc like what you bought. .. quick 56.00 could not find a usb programmer tho seem they are out of stock.

so, i think i have everything i need for my build ordered now.

chris.

HawK86uk

Professional Amateur
ok, you made me go ahead and order the dys blheli n20 esc like what you bought. .. quick 56.00 could not find a usb programmer tho seem they are out of stock.

so, i think i have everything i need for my build ordered now.

chris.

Hahaha, sweet! They're SK so I think they'll be pretty decent out of the box. I don't have a Flasher either. Do you happen to know why they have a signal and ground? I thought that being an opto it should only need a signal wire?

hmm i think you mean UPS? USPS is great ( USPS is our postal service.. ups is the brown truck ). i trust them over the brown truck any damn day.

And no, USPS not UPS. UPS Would have cost me around $80 to ship to the UK, only a cool $19.99 or something via USPS.

jipp

morning here.. so my brain is waking up.. but im not sure. i think that is needed for programming the esc? i honestly have no idea, im just guessing.

the ones i bought have no cap on board. so ill need to use something else to power the fc.

yeah 80ish bucks is way to much for shipping. so i would of used the cheaper alternative and in this case. you went with the better business as far as im concern. i know we complain about ups, and fedex.. but not so much usps. i think you will be fine.. nothing to worry about going with usps.

chris.