30 " wingspan trainer / RTF / which one ? ?

Bigeard

Hello all , I am looking for a reasonable quality but not too expensive RC Trainer / RTF with around a 30 inch wingspan ! ideally with the safety modes built in , beginner/ intermediate / experienced . Any ideas as to your recomendations ?
Thanks

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Hello all , I am looking for a reasonable quality but not too expensive RC Trainer / RTF with around a 30 inch wingspan ! ideally with the safety modes built in , beginner/ intermediate / experienced . Any ideas as to your recomendations ?
Thanks
Normally, I would not recommend a UMX style plane for a beginner, but the UMX Turbo Timber is a very good flyer. I have flown it in zero to fairly stiff winds, and it is a great beginner plane. Safe can be used for beginners, and turned off/on in flight, to test the "no gyro" waters.
It's not the 30" size you're looking for, but it is a great option. (y)

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Ditto what @Addicted said - the UMX Timber is an excellent beginner model.

BTW, any small model that has SAFE or similar beginner gyro stabilization, you need to have a good sized area to fly (at least soccer field sized) because otherwise you run the risk of losing it if there is any significant wind. The bank, pitch, and yaw limits can prevent you from making aggressive movements to counter being taken downwind.

Bricks

Master member
Ditto what @Addicted said - the UMX Timber is an excellent beginner model.

BTW, any small model that has SAFE or similar beginner gyro stabilization, you need to have a good sized area to fly (at least soccer field sized) because otherwise you run the risk of losing it if there is any significant wind. The bank, pitch, and yaw limits can prevent you from making aggressive movements to counter being taken downwind.

Need to make sure your switch is set up to change flight modes when getting in a pinch where more control is needed.